MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
19,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who say parts can't be gotten easily......I ordered a couple of items from my dealer on March 2nd. They arrived from Italy March 14th.

12 days, 2 work weeks. I don't think that is too bad.

I did have a back ordered decal that was originally ordered in January.
The decal also came with this latest parts order. It had been sitting waiting on the dealer to place another parts order to consolidate the shipping. The decal was for my SPR...they had all but one in stock in January. Those also took about 2 weeks to get.

I think the parts supply chain is improving.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Posted in the other thread that it took 8 months for a new nose fairing to get here for me. Dealer opened the box last week, of course, wrong colour.... We'll see just how much it has improved over last year, but I'm not holding my breath that it arrives before the end of another riding season...

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
That's good news Ed. Maybe now I can sell my spare F4. :toothless

I ordered a set of fork seals and dust covers a few minutes ago. Hoping it's quick too...

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Just came in today. 13 days.

·
Registered
876 Posts
ProItalia has been pretty good even on "back ordered" items for both my MV and my Guzzi. They usually give you the "it could be a while" warning but a few weeks is all it takes.
European Motorsports in Dahlonega, GA got parts for me in less than two weeks. They're a little closer to Atlanta.:stickpoke

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ordered a replacement left side switch assembly from Elk Grove, CA as my turn signals weren't working right. It took 2 weeks to get. It looks like this is the typical lead time.

-steve

·
Administrator
19,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
European Motorsports in Dahlonega, GA got parts for me in less than two weeks. They're a little closer to Atlanta.:stickpoke
That's my dealer...good folks!!

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Still an hour and a half. Not that I don't like them, they are good guys. but if I am going to order it its ordered, it might as well just come to my door. And two weeks/three weeks, I wasn't really counting as this was on "back ordered" parts. Common things like fuel hoses, o-rings, etc that are service items its only a few days. I think a good number of places stock those.

·
Administrator
19,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just supporting my local dealer Ryan....

and you may find the California boys add a surcharge to the MSRP...very common practice in the MC business to use an "escalator" automatically adding 10% or so to a manufacture's list price....claiming it is to "cover shipping and handling", actually just to increase profit margin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts