MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought most of a '57 MV Agusta 175 Sport. It's not real pretty but - all the vitals are there for restoration. It's mostly missing fasteners, controls, swingarm, fenders.

I don't want to try and make these:

- center stand
- license mount
- swing arm with pivot
(same on all 175 MV models from '53-'59)

- narrow rear fender w/ side extensions
- narrow front fender
(only used on 175 MV from '57-'59)

If you happen to have any of these items (or other parts for 175 MV) for sale, please let me know. Thanks, Ivan

ps - Here's a reference photo of an original 1957 175 Sport.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I did see some old 175 parts on eBay Italy,not sure if it's what your after though

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did see some old 175 parts on eBay Italy,not sure if it's what your after though
Hi Adrian,
Yes thanks I'd seen those but the prices are high and the quality of photos low. Thought I'd ask the brethren first before rolling the dice on eBay.it. btw Did you snap any photos of those petcocks you are working on?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Hi Adrian,
Yes thanks I'd seen those but the prices are high and the quality of photos low. Thought I'd ask the brethren first before rolling the dice on eBay.it. btw Did you snap any photos of those petcocks you are working on?
Yeah, they look like they need a lot of work from the photos. I guess people ask a lot for parts that are rare and hard to get.
Yes,the photos are under the thread. I managed to find someone who has washers in stock http://www.motocicliveloci.it/. They don't show it on their website but responded to my email.
After trying about 7 companies who sell Omg ,most were waiting on spares or don't sell spares at all. I was almost going to buy new complete petcocks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ivan,

I can't help but hope you are able to find those parts. That will be a great looking bike when finished!!!

Cheers,

Tom

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ivan,
I can't help but hope you are able to find those parts. That will be a great looking bike when finished!!!
Cheers,
Tom
Thanks, Tom! I'm happy about this find. First thought it was just a tank and motor and bits so had you in mind on the tank, but it turned out to be far more complete. Sorry! :blush: It really deserves to be put back together properly.

First thing I have to do is save up $$ for one of Dave Ahrens Disco reproduction saddles and widen the front tabs to fit the wider mount used on the later frames. But any reassembly work is mothballed until parts are found and other projects are completed.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm new in your very intresting forum.

I just bought some parts on German ebay. I think this guy, Günther, still have some of the parts you are looking for. He sold a nearly complete 1957 CSTL in parts. His Mail Adress is: 345emailqgmx.de

Good luck. I am just working to put a basket case 175 CSTL together. And I have the Wreck of an 1956 CS too. For this one I'm also looking for some parts.

Good luck !!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm new in your very intresting forum.

I just bought some parts on German ebay. I think this guy, Günther, still have some of the parts you are looking for. He sold a nearly complete 1957 CSTL in parts. His Mail Adress is: 345emailqgmx.de

Good luck. I am just working to put a basket case 175 CSTL together. And I have the Wreck of an 1956 CS too. For this one I'm also looking for some parts.

Good luck !!
Hallo Johannes,
Willkommen im Forum.
Und herzlichen Dank für Ihre Hilfe!
Let me know what parts you need in case they turn up.
Ivan

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
hi Ivan

This seller magu64-2012 has just posted some parts including shocks and center stand. Not sure if they are suitable but ...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi Ivan

This seller magu64-2012 has just posted some parts including shocks and center stand. Not sure if they are suitable but ...
Thanks! Very helpful. I'm not sure the center stand is interchangeable between 125 and 175 (they have different size wheels) but can find out. What is it about Italian eBay? the sellers rarely post more than one photo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts