MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
This is very strategic of MV Agusta. Maybe even a little inspired by KTMs venture to manufacture smaller CC bikes in India, which has proven a GREAT success for the company and they do churn out some really good bikes from the plants.

·
Registered
604 Posts
MV may make a bigger profit designing and engineering products for Loncin, than it will from Loncin producing new products for MV.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
MV may make a bigger profit designing and engineering products for Loncin, than it will from Loncin producing new products for MV.
This , and it keeps their crew busy and up to date with changing design and technology. Nothing worse than a design team without enough work.

·
Super Moderator
21,404 Posts
I’m with @MVista on this one.

·
Registered
359 Posts
So

China build some crappy cheap mobile phones.......

they also produce all Apple iphones.........

it all depends on the design and design for manufacturing. let's not get all excited now and declare doomsday.

there's some pretty advanced manufacturing taking place in China these days. I know the people who designed and built some of the new body in white production assembly lines for Haval and it's state of the art - even more sophisticated than some body assembly lines for Audi in Germany.

It's all in the detail. I have to believe that MV won't throw away all the brand value they have built. If they found a way to fund the expansion into smaller cc classes by using external capital why not.

·
Registered
93 Posts
According to some reports it is yet undecided whether the new entry class bikes will even be marketed outside of Asia. If that was the case it would be the rather the case that these products will be really of Chinese quality in the more prejudiced sense. I am not talking about reliability, but more in the sense that the product doesnot matter in terms of its attributes, but solely in regards to carrying the correct badge.

The German automotive industry has lots of models on the Chinese market that they would never dare to market elsewhere, like a BMW 5Series long wheel base. From the proportions it does not have the dynamics of a traditional 5 series, but for China that doesnot matter as they hang around in traffic jams anyway.

I could have understood if they brought in a company that contributes BEV knowledge for reactivating the proudly announced electric return of Cagiva or if it was really necessary to use Cagiva for these small China bikes. Yes, maybe it is not doomsday, but it is not fitting at all. Look at the following video, some of the statements appear like mockery in the light of this partnership:

·
Registered
70 Posts
XD so much hate. i've bought into the idea and loving every minute.
Designed by Benelli, built in china :shrug
whips both the japenese kawZ125 and honda Grom for LE$$.

im excited to see the new MV small bike. hoping for a stylish R3 or duke 390 competitor at a price that beats them all.

Attachments

21 - 28 of 28 Posts