MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw the F4 1000 R Live today and was surpised by the rear fender. I am not a Carbon Fan as everything on my 750 is plastic already I would like to know if anybody knows the part nr of this rear fender.

My dealer could only find the carbon tamburini accessory. thanks

They should have smooth out all the plastic on the R like they did on the brutale. Not that non weavy carbon plastic.

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
I don't know, so i can't help you.
But why don't you email MV Agusta in Italy ?? :)

And what's your impression on the R, now that you saw it in person?

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Nice pictures, hb88xx, thanks for posting. where did you see the bike? Are you in Italy?

I agree about the cheap C/F look-alike plastic, they should just be proud with the plastic parts, the 1000R's plastic rear fender looks nice aesthetically, the flat black blends in with the whole rear section of the bike. the chain guard sticks out like a sore thumb... it looks like a poor man's imitation c/f, IMHO.

Sometimes I wonder if the consumer will still worship carbon fiber parts if they did not know C/F was so light, so exotic and so expensive? would they like the look of C/F parts more than nicely finished or painted plastic parts?

it's just a fender after all.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Interesting find, that rear fender. I also wish to know your impressions on the R! Where is this dealership?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
hb88xx said:
Saw the F4 1000 R Live today and was surpised by the rear fender. I am not a Carbon Fan as everything on my 750 is plastic already I would like to know if anybody knows the part nr of this rear fender.

My dealer could only find the carbon tamburini accessory. thanks

Hi Hans,

I think only the natural carbon finish and the clear coated finish carbon numbers are posted for that but not yet that plastic one? Newest out is the Senna and 910R owners manuals but no new part numbers that I've heard of? Probably as they suggested above you'd have to call MV?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
JamesC said:
Upps,

I lied :blush: I found it:

8000A6400 is correct for 1000R

by the way: 8000A5009 is the Corse part for the Senna.
Well, my dealer can't get in that....They called Cagiva USA, and they said they can't get it as it's a Euro Only model, nor did they have a price for it....wtf....anybody know?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I was hoping of an alternative to having to order from an overseas vendor/hassles/customs, and giving more money to my dealer :laughing:

But upon second thought, I have a carbon swingarm cover/guard...flat black might look tacky, and carbon more suitable....craptastic...

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hi,
Update, we have spoken to our paintshop, we already produce the fender in carbon and also produce it GRP (fibreglass), we will have one prepared next week, price below:

£110 (USD: $200) (Euro: 160€)

Let us know what you think, as soon we have pics we will be post them up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts