MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
They aren't even on the official entry list yet, so unlikely to be there at the start of the season. Until the bike finishes its first race i wouldn't count my chickens on anything.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
damn... I have already ordered the MV Corse header
Hey Chris, i had ordered the mv header 03/2012. as they didn't deliver in 09/2012 i canceled the order... i don't know if they can deliver currently, so you can cancel the order if you want :) :f4:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
they have Akrapovic as their partner... lets see what happen
I assumed (as its MV’s factory effort) that they’d be using the factory Ti header. It surely looks to be a stock muffler, although it may well be highly modified inside. So why the Akrapovic label on the upper fairing? Is it in fact an Akrapovic muffler with three exits?
Or is this a case of, we’ll take your money but use our own products…. Hmmmmmm????

I’m not up on all the World SuperSports rules but I’m amazed at just how many stock components I see. Front suspension says Ohlins but it sure looks like the stock tubes. Stock calipers, triples and tank too. With 200 Oros having been produced I’d have thought that would be enough for homologation so why not use the Oro’s Ohlins, mono blocks etcetera?
It does appear to have the Oro’s TTX rear shock though. Perhaps it’s all about marketing. Make the F3 racer look as close to the show room model for potential customers to identify with.

·
Registered
32 Posts
they have the closed cartrigde kit inside the front fork... rear shock is a ttx, but it is different to the Oro ttx.
i think this isn't the final race bikes. there will be more mods coming during the tests. it would be nice to get more information about the engine mods and electronic package....and...
i want this screen!!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I am part of the team at Akrapovic that is building exhaust system for them. We began with the development very late so what you will see at the first race will not be a final solution.
We found quite some improvement over the whole range compared to their titanium system, but I can't give you any numbers. But to be honest, their titanium header is quite good.
If it will go on sale later on, I don't know yet.

Regarding wheels and forks; these must stay as on the serial production bike as per regulations. But forks can be changed inside, what they have done. Rear shock can be replaced.
Brake calipers must also stay the same, so don't complain about them not using monoblocks...

We have done a few tests on a dyno, completely stock bike and I must say this thing makes some nice power. I think more than a specified 126HP from factory...

·
Registered
32 Posts
@miha:
there will be an akrapovic exhaust available later this year, right?
if so, i will only buy header right now... if you are allowed please give us more information of modifications done.... please....

1 - 20 of 160 Posts