MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MV owners..do you use a wheel chock like baxley's sport chock or the rear wheel stand?

The chock seems like the easiest and friendliest to use and you don't have to worry about the rear hub or lifting the bike in the air.

However I was wondering if front tires get an "indent" based on the grips the chock has if it hasn't been used often.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I've used the Baxley chock for 2 of my bikes, never had any deformed-tire issues from using them. The only difficulty I've had is when I come off of the track and ride the bike directly into the Baxley stand while the front tire is still hot.....and then when it comes time to pull the bike out of the stand, the stand has now glued itself to my cool tire. Other than that .... no problems at all. It is much more convenient than using the rear stand for parking purposes.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
I use the kickstand that came with the bike.....

·
Registered
673 Posts
I've used the Baxley chock for 2 of my bikes, never had any deformed-tire issues from using them. The only difficulty I've had is when I come off of the track and ride the bike directly into the Baxley stand while the front tire is still hot.....and then when it comes time to pull the bike out of the stand, the stand has now glued itself to my cool tire. Other than that .... no problems at all. It is much more convenient than using the rear stand for parking purposes.
+1, but it only happens on the track. The Baxley is AWESOME! You can put the bike in the back of the truck with two tiedowns and no canyon dancer.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have Baxley Sport Chocks for all of my bikes. The bikes are very stable in a chock and take up less room in the garage sitting straight up in the chock vs. leaning on a side stand. Have never had a problem with tire issues due to the chock. Also have one Condor chock, but prefer the Baxley.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Kick-stand during the week and the rear stand for the weekends (if it's going to be sitting for more than a day)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the Baxleys and liking it so far. thanks guys for your rec's.

·
Registered
363 Posts
sport chock

Baxley, keep the psi up and it will not indent the tire

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
Use my rear stand when in the garage

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Baxley in black was in order and it is really sweet.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I only use the rear stand when I fell like it needs to fall off and on its side. So most of the time its the side stand for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts