MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a different look on the plastic parts of my 06 Brutale S (red with black frame), but I don't really want all the expensive carbon fiber pieces that everyone sells, I don't really think it's worth it for me. I'm thinking about getting them (Tailpiece, air intakes, side pieces, etc) painted, clear coat and all, has anyone else done this on here? Also, what color do you think would look best? I thought about just playing it safe and going black, but more red might look good too (esp. on the airbox). What do you all think? Would it look cool, or is it just a stupid idea?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I did that on my tail piece and instrument cover for my red/silver 910s. I painted it the same colours, which matched the tank. From memory it only cost $20.00 for the local paint shop to match and mix 200ml of the two colours. I will try and find some pictures of it to post up and show you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I noticed they started to paint them outta the factory now, damn the more I look at the new brutales though the less I like them, something about the frame and the cheap looking engine paint I don't think it goes well together.....I like my 910's look but if I buy new it will be something else lol

I did that on my tail piece and instrument cover for my red/silver 910s. I painted it the same colours, which matched the tank. From memory it only cost $20.00 for the local paint shop to match and mix 200ml of the two colours. I will try and find some pictures of it to post up and show you.
Awesome yea thanks I'd love to see those, I'm not sure how much red would be too much on the Brutale.....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Here are a couple of pictures of the painted parts. I don't have a good picture of the tail piece but it is all silver with no red in it.
mv 010.JPG

And a picture of the bike with them all on
mv 015.JPG

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'm getting ready to paint the black plastic parts gloss black and red to match the tank and frame. I did buy extra parts just in case I don't like it. Just finished powder coating the silver parts black. I think I like

·
Registered
871 Posts
The link above is to my bike, (thanks for posting the link) I painted everything metallic gloss black to match, replaced stock decals with MV Corse ones. Powder coated silver radiator gaurds senna grey to match. Paint on bellypan matches red accents and matched the grey and black from the tank. Matched chain gaurds, tail, instrument cowl. All except air intakes cause I didn't feel like taking the tank off. but when I do the next oil change, gonna do the air filter so might yank em off and have it sprayed. Anyway, looks better than the '10 I think, less angles, more curves. A tasteful amount of red is good, make it look like it should have been that way from the beginning. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts