MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i don't know shit about this, so thought i'd ask.

I'm thinking about painting my spare MV fairings in matte black (SPR black) and just checked James MV faq.
"F4 750 SPR:
Fairings: PPG T0036/1 + PPG T0036/2
Wheels: Alu grey Sebino 35204189 & Clear Sebino 35209052
Frame: PPG
?"

So my questions are:
1. Those two PPG codes are supposed to be mixed together to give the SPR matte black? (i don't recall the SPR having more than one color)
2. How accurate are those codes? (I recently gave a oficial Ducati PPG code to the painter for painting the left side of my racing fairings and the red was more clear than the rest of the racing fairings and a lot more clearer than the original Duc red. Is this the painters fault?)
3. Any guidelines or advices? :D

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
MV-999R said:

I'm thinking about painting my spare MV fairings in matte black (SPR black) and just checked James MV faq.
"F4 750 SPR:
?"

So my questions are:
1. Those two PPG codes are supposed to be mixed together to give the SPR matte black? (i don't recall the SPR having more than one color)
2. How accurate are those codes? (I recently gave a oficial Ducati PPG code to the painter for painting the left side of my racing fairings and the red was more clear than the rest of the racing fairings and a lot more clearer than the original Duc red. Is this the painters fault?)
one is the black, the other the mat clear finish.
I do not know how accurate ppg colors are, and still need to consider weather influences. Specifically red is not very strong, ever seen old red cars?

·
Registered
293 Posts
MV-999R said:

"F4 750 SPR:
?"

So my questions are:
1. I suppose but I'm not sure...
2. Do not forget that your painting is exposed to sunlight... so it changes.
3. Matt black is hard to keep in good shape.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys.

The difference in the ducati red i'm talking about is not due to weather conditions exposure. It's just a different red tone or something.
Maybe it's the painter that sucks......

And yeah, i know matte black is hard to keep in good condition (i had a 01 Aprilia RSV-R) but this will be done in the spare fairings and can be painted again if i'm not happy with it.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
hb88xx said:
one is the black, the other the mat clear finish.
I do not know how accurate ppg colors are, and still need to consider weather influences. Specifically red is not very strong, ever seen old red cars?
Thats only pre 1996 red cars, something to do with the pigment they used then, all 96/97 on red cars are ok, I think they are also "base and clear" after that, i'e laqured

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I had a solid seat-pad (to replace the pillion seat) on my yellow 748 painted, and the guy used a tool to photo-analyse (or something like that) the color from my bike to match against. His finished result is an absolute perfect match.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts