MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

This is my first post and I realise that what I am about to suggest may sound like heresy to some of you, but bear with me.

Like all of us, I am totally captivated by the looks of the F4. However, the model that really floats my boat is the Tamburini. Back in the real world, I can't afford one... But I could just about stretch to a 2000 model F4 750.

If I had it painted to look like a Tamburini, would I destroy the resale value of the bike?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Welcome to mvagusta.net!!

I don't know about destroying resale but it probably would affect it...heavily

However, the main thing is, if you are going to go through the trouble of matching paint scheme on an F4s, why sell it after? It will be a great project, and a work of love. One that would be very hard to part with!

Do it, you won't regret it :stickpoke

Then of course you can start adding CF parts and paint those :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I wouldn't paint it like a Tamburini, that would look a bit too try-hard for some. Do something original... like for eg. there is a Black and Red thou with Red wheels on this site somewhere - looks great! :guitarist

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
IMO i couldnt do it. The regular F4 is unique enough from every other bike out there. That would be like taking a Supra and putting ferrari bodywork and emblems all over it. I would keep it the way it is and save for a Tam.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm, I guess I'll have to get some spare panels and get them painted, keeping the originals for if/when I sell.

I would never spend £Tamburini on a bike... I admire and respect those who do, but not for me.

I have had a cursory look through the albums with no joy - if anyone could point me towards the Red/Black 1000 that would be much appreciated!

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
when it's yours, then do what you want to with it. you paid for it. now if you care about what other people think, then you may want to consider rethinking your idea. it takes alot more than paint to make a tam. i don't know if you would care if some ninja 636 owner would be screaming that he outran a tamburini. hahah.

plus the tamburini is a mix of red/black/gold and exposed carbon. to do an exact replica it would be costly, but you could ask the replica king alkatraxx on that one. point being, if you are going to not go alllll the way then do something different that is all you. you'll probably end up being happiest with that one. i opted to acquire an entire set of fairings so i could go back to stock when i felt like it. so get photoshop and go at it!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I think style_one sums it up nicely. It's your bike, do what you like with it. :smoking: Whatever you do, there will be some that think it's good :) and others who don't. :mad: As long as you like it, that's what counts. :)

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
daytona600, welcome!

F4 Tamburini's scheme is a beautiful design, especially stunning seeing it in person, Massimo & CRC wonuldn't put it on the "Tamburini" if it wasn't special... I think it would be a nice tribute to the great designer by doing it. I think it would look beautiful and I wouldn't be ashame of it, the Supra/Ferrari analogy is a bit extreme IMO, because it's a MV F4 750 after all... but if I were you, I would make sure that I use CF fairing and all decals except for the "1000"(750 instead... or not) so it's not a "medium rare" copy of the original, and find a top notch pro to do it for you.

I am pretty postitive that there are already pix of a Tamuburini replica in the gallery, please find it yourself(gotta go to work now)... the easiest way to tell is that the bike had the standard 5 spoke star wheel (in gold) in stead of the Marchesinis.

I think style_one sums it up nicely. It's your bike, do what you like with it. Whatever you do, there will be some that think it's good and others who don't. As long as you like it, that's what counts.
Totally agree!!! resale value is a practical but merely academic issue, not relevant for the near future(assumption based on your interested in doing the replica).

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Im a bit on chino's side on this one....whilst its yours and you can do with it what you desire, if you went the tribute to tamburini path, you will have to make sure its a craftsman level finish and fit.

A bit like any copy of the original, no matter it being furniture, clothing or cars, if its top class and a labour of love it will get yours and others admiration, not done well with even the smallest flaw, well you guessed it!

Remember you are trying to emmulate a genius and his blue ribbon offering! :)

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
If you like it that way, just do it. Get the job done properly though.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Mmmm... would you go as far as to put the 'Tamburini' logo on the fairing 'though?? I mean its really not from his hands so to speak

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I vote go for it as well, If I ever get an MV :stickpoke and have reason to repaint I would strongly consider going down this path...but as others have mentioned doing it properly is an absolute must.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
agusta01 said:
Veloce...is that a carbon front guard or painted up same colour as fairings?

Looks bloody mint! :)
Thanks 01,
This is an older pic....the bike now has a carbon front guard, and all the other carbon is being 2-pack clear coated this weekend :naughty:
The bellypan also had red silver graphics added, and the bike also has RG3 exhausts since this pic was taken...

Bike is over 5 years old now...so I'm spending a bit and giving her a bit of "motorcycle botox" :laughing:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Velocemoto said:
Thanks 01,
Bike is over 5 years old now...so I'm spending a bit and giving her a bit of "motorcycle botox" :laughing:
That's the thing with F4's they look good no matter how old they are! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the input guys...

I should have made it clearer - I love the Tam paint scheme but I would never try and pretend my bike is something it is not, and it would certainly not wear Tam stickers.

The photos and posts have given me some really good ideas to mull over. I love that 750 rep. I think paint, carbon and trick pipes to start and then perhaps wheels etc as funds permit.

Just need to find the right bike first!

Ta muchly!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
ill have some farings for sale in a bit that you may want to pick up if you ever do the project. Check the Buy/Sell :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts