Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Only SPR title and logo

Votes: 2 33.3%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm planning to paint my SPR, 'cause I don't like the Matt Black (always dirty, and I don't like black bikes anyway...)
The bike will be red (that's for sure)
- Do I paint a race plate (with no numbers on the seat) (silver with a green border)?
- Do I keep the SPR title and SPR logo on each side of the bike?
Wheels will remain silver and the frame black.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Have you considered something a little different? How about a nice shade of avacado green with wood grain siding? Nobody ever does MV's like that.
:stickpoke :) :) :)

Just kidding 748...Have you tried photoshopping your bike with different schemes yet?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BDMF said:
Have you considered something a little different? How about a nice shade of avacado green with wood grain siding? Nobody ever does MV's like that.
:stickpoke :) :) :)

Just kidding 748...Have you tried photoshopping your bike with different schemes yet?
Yeah... but can't made my mind for sure... :mad:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
yeah, if you plan on keeping it forever, then go for it. if you think you may an itch to sell in the future, you may want to buy an entire new set of fairings/tank/airbox. that will be cheaper than what you'll lose on resale of the SPR. but if you're like me...then you'll say what the hell and get some of that wood paneling and go to town! and don't discriminate against the leapord fur option either....corse edition of course. :toothless

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
machine748s said:
Hi, I'm planning to paint my SPR, 'cause I don't like the Matt Black (always dirty, and I don't like black bikes anyway...)
The bike will be red (that's for sure)
- Do I paint a race plate (with no numbers on the seat) (silver with a green border)?
- Do I keep the SPR title and SPR logo on each side of the bike?
Wheels will remain silver and the frame black.
GOD!!! The SPR is a beauty.
Why the hell did you bought an SPR if you didnt like the black mate??? :nerd:

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have seen an all red MV picture somewhere. I think it was posted on the old F4 site (???). It wouldn't look as good IMO, not like Ducati's.

You might consider suplemeting the black mat color with something else that would make it stand out. If you like red, you might consider painting the frame red, red seat, and red star in the wheels (kind of an SPR version of a Senna)... Or you could try and do an old John Player Special scheme...just a thought? :blah:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MV-999R said:
GOD!!! The SPR is a beauty.
Why the hell did you bought an SPR if you didnt like the black mate??? :nerd:
'Cause I wanted a 750, and not a 1000 for the same price! :loser:
The SPR isn't just carbon parts and matt black, it's an engine and a chassis! :finger:
I don't plan to sell it, and a complete black paint isn't that expensive anyway...

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
alkatraxx, that is amazing paint job not only for an SPR but in general. Good accents. How many MV's do you have in your shop? How many have you done custom paint jobs for? I have seen some of your pics and you have some of the best paint schemes i have ever seen on an MV.

·
Registered
878 Posts
kamranmarashi said:
I have seen an all red MV picture somewhere. I think it was posted on the old F4 site (???). It wouldn't look as good IMO, not like Ducati's.

You might consider suplemeting the black mat color with something else that would make it stand out. If you like red, you might consider painting the frame red, red seat, and red star in the wheels (kind of an SPR version of a Senna)... Or you could try and do an old John Player Special scheme...just a thought? :blah:
On the Senna thing, you can add a silver number plate with a red outline, and redo the SPR decals in silver... :blah:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
If using original parts, thats major stuff changing colours! Do the photoshop route first like other suggested, even then, you know when you get those little 'paint smple pots' to check out what a new room colour will look like? They never prepare you for the final result!!

I agree 'though, I personally don't like the black for the simple reason that I like my bikes spotless, and I can't remember seeing an SPR really clean*!

*With due respect to those with sorta clean SPR's! :)

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
machine748s said:
The SPR isn't just carbon parts and matt black, it's an engine and a chassis! :finger:
Do you race it? As you should know, the SPR is even more directed to track use than a standard 750. :finger:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MV-999R said:
Do you race it? As you should know, the SPR is even more directed to track use than a standard 750. :finger:
No I m not racing it. Just pushing hard on back roads, I do not like going in circles (Do not misunderstand, I'm not saying it's stupid, I just don't like). Maybe if I had time and money (and the abilitiy...) I'd try to race something like the Isle of Mann TT.
I bought an MV 'cause I wanted a well done bike, the SPR is the most beautiful for me for this reason (I know that I'm not using 100% of the bike, but who is in this forum?). The only thing I don't like in this bike is the f******g color (I don't like black, and matt is always dirty), so I'm painting it another way... MV's colors are red and silver, so I'm going for it. But I do not like the original red top and silver bottom eather... To many people looking at your bike, hundred meters around they see it's an MV... I just hate that! They just keep asking how fast is it going (quite fast)? How much did it cost (some money)? Is it more powerful than a 1000 GSXR (It's a 750 stupid!! so it's not!!)? And no it's not making weelies or burn out 'cause it's my bike!! That's why I'm not keeping the original MV look (but do not want something that looks ugly in 6 months).

·
Registered
975 Posts
MACHINE748S, allez , viens faire un tour a ROUEN au mag pour qu'on s'occupe de ca!!!! je peut te faire des maquettes de ce que tu veux comme schema!! et crois moi , j'ai toujours un max d'idée et un peintre au top pour la realisation derriere!! (white edition, alinghi etc..)

·
Registered
975 Posts
greenheg&ham and style-one, this is not a real bike just an spr in my shop i modified with paint shop pro!!! i'm happy that you like it!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
If you dont want to go with a standard paint scheme I have to say alkatraxx has come up with some great non standard schemes and you would be wise to talk with him if you want something different that doesn't look like crap.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts