MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

Can anyone confirm if the side fairings on the red and silver 2007 F4's are actually painted entirely red before the silver paint is applied?

I went to view an 07 this past weekend and it had a chip on the lower side fairing that showed red paint under the silver. In other words, the layer of paint under the silver paint was red.

I suppose if may come this way from the factory, but I wanted to check here first. My concern is that it has been repainted.

Thanks in advance.

Regards - Seth

·
Super Moderator
21,432 Posts
That wouldn't be a cost effective way to paint a fairing. The graphics on the fairings are decals or "stickers" and the fairings are a solid single color. I do not believe that those fairings should have red under the silver.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That wouldn't be a cost effective way to paint a fairing. The graphics on the fairings are decals or "stickers" and the fairings are a solid single color. I do not believe that those fairings should have red under the silver.
My thoughts as well Silent. Thank you for confirming that.

and if it has been resprayed, it may have been dropped ?
That's precisely what was running through my mind as well. It looks like the search shall continue.

What a machine to ride though. This past weekend was my first test ride on one and the connection is just unreal. So sharp. I fell in love instantly.

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
I haver been doing some work today to a Silver F4 fairing side panel.

I can tell you quite categorically there is no red paint under the silver.

joe

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Greetings!

Can anyone confirm if the side fairings on the red and silver 2007 F4's are actually painted entirely red before the silver paint is applied?

I went to view an 07 this past weekend and it had a chip on the lower side fairing that showed red paint under the silver. In other words, the layer of paint under the silver paint was red.

I suppose if may come this way from the factory, but I wanted to check here first. My concern is that it has been repainted.

Thanks in advance.

Regards - Seth

I don't think there has ever been an all RED F4 from the factory.
If you found red under the silver, that is weird.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
My thoughts as well Silent. Thank you for confirming that.

That's precisely what was running through my mind as well. It looks like the search shall continue.

What a machine to ride though. This past weekend was my first test ride on one and the connection is just unreal. So sharp. I fell in love instantly.
I dunno. I would not let a drop scare you off if the deal is right. Many bikes suffer that fate from a low speed tip over.

In some ways I wish my F4 was less perfect than it was. I take care of my other bikes and would hate to wreck them but another scratch on my R6 would not bother me much. On my F4 I would be very disappointed. If there were pre-existing imperfections I would not really worry as much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts