MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Paint Finally Done...Well worth the wait..added the Dyno Sheet

Just received my paintwork back from Justin Barnes at JBGraffix...simply put, I am amazed. The quality, the subtle cool factor and more importantly, he was able to take my already beautiful Brutale and make it more beautiful. (not an easy task) The bike is a Cannonball edition (171 rwhp) and I felt as if the tail section of the bike could be improved. The performance is there, I just want to feel the draw of looking back to my bike after she is parked...20ft and I cant help but to turn and stare. That to me is the litmus for "cool." How well does it push your buttons??

Most of the colors are factory colors matched by PPG.

The pictures do not do the paint justice. I will attempt a second photo shoot with the hopes of a better outcome.

Hope you all enjoy it.
Sean

Attachments

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
WOW
That is SEXY!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Sean - I simply love mate !!

That's simply spectacular - awesome :) :mouthwate:mouthwate :yo::yo:

·
Registered
694 Posts
It does look spectacular. But I am new to MV's and am sure I can't spot all the differences. Do you have a "before" photo to compare to?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Question...

Is that the Melotti fender eliminator? If so what color are the LED turn signals? How's the fit and finish? Do the turn signals & plate light have the proper connectors or did you have to cut the connectors off of the original signals and light?

Thank you!

P.S. Amazing paint work!!! :mouthwate

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Looks GREAT ! :yo:

Year 2010 ?

(couldn't help but notice - is your upper chain guard missing? And have you had any "melting of the bellypan" due to not using any heat shield???)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Melotti Tail kit is a Beautiful piece!! I used Barracuda LED lights which are yellow. Had to Splice the wires..just a bit of solder and glue impregnated shrink wrap. I am really happy with the results.

Yes, the upper chain guard is missing. I removed it to clean the swingarm and two things became clear. 1: It is a POS and 2: The swingarm looks better w/o it IMO. Maybe move up to a carbon piece in the future.
The BellyPan has not shown signs of melting. Hopefully it wont. I will keep you posted.

The bike runs well and was dyno'd @ 171 rwhp after tuning. Huge smile factor from the power it makes.

Pictures do not do justice for the paint. There are a lot of bikes on this forum which I would love to see in person. I am sure the same applies...photos are never the same.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks for the info...

The Melotti Tail kit is a Beautiful piece!! I used Barracuda LED lights which are yellow. Had to Splice the wires..just a bit of solder and glue impregnated shrink wrap. I am really happy with the results.

Yes, the upper chain guard is missing. I removed it to clean the swingarm and two things became clear. 1: It is a POS and 2: The swingarm looks better w/o it IMO. Maybe move up to a carbon piece in the future.
The BellyPan has not shown signs of melting. Hopefully it wont. I will keep you posted.

The bike runs well and was dyno'd @ 171 rwhp after tuning. Huge smile factor from the power it makes.

Pictures do not do justice for the paint. There are a lot of bikes on this forum which I would love to see in person. I am sure the same applies...photos are never the same.
Any reason to not go with what Melotti offers regarding the signals? Looks like you powdercoated the turn signal bracket too. Not sure why Melotti does not do that for us...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No reason, just liked the look of the Barracuda LEDs over the Melotti. The tabs were painted using a very durable satin black paint. I painted the tab for the license plate LED also. I agree, why didn't Melotti do that for us? It looked a bit hokie with the silver tabs juxtaposed to the black powdercoated pieces. Nothings perfect, I guess.
Overall, It is still a VERY nice kit. The parts and machining are of very high quality.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks again!

No reason, just liked the look of the Barracuda LEDs over the Melotti. The tabs were painted using a very durable satin black paint. I painted the tab for the license plate LED also. I agree, why didn't Melotti do that for us? It looked a bit hokie with the silver tabs juxtaposed to the black powdercoated pieces. Nothings perfect, I guess.
Overall, It is still a VERY nice kit. The parts and machining are of very high quality.
Currently, I believe that the Melotti kit is the only offeirng for our bikes...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
:jsm: Sawbones, please tell me there is a protective screen on the bellypan????

Also, if you do need some heatshield, this comes very highly recommended:

http://www.thermalvelocity.com.au/contact.asp?

VERY EASY to cut and install and so far - after 3,000km - there is no sign of any deterioration and it's doing it's job very nicely.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts