MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it's a repost.

Is there a list with the paint codes for all the old MV models?
Could be interesting to have.

Cheers,
Johan

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hi Johan.

No, not that i have ever come across. Every red seems to be different and the original paint fades to a lovely dark colour on the old 1950's bikes.

In the 1970's the UK Importer used to take all the body work off there new bikes and lay it on the floor. They would then try and match up sets that were all a similar red! Some parts were nearly orange, whilst others were various shade of red....and this was on new bikes from the factory!

All the best.

Dorian.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Johan.

No, not that i have ever come across. Every red seems to be different and the original paint fades to a lovely dark colour on the old 1950's bikes.

In the 1970's the UK Importer used to take all the body work off there new bikes and lay it on the floor. They would then try and match up sets that were all a similar red! Some parts were nearly orange, whilst others were various shade of red....and this was on new bikes from the factory!

All the best.

Dorian.
:laughing: Hilarious! I hope they don't do that anymore with the new ones.

I came across an Italian company, Lechler, with a list of paint codes for historical motorcycles.

http://www.lechler.eu/on-line/en/Home/Refinish/HystoricalVehicles.html and scroll down to 'motorcycle colour range'. page 33 has the MVs
Thanks Russ!
Very interesting link.
Vespas seem to have been made in a zillion different shades.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Recently I decided to deal with a paint chip on my tank. Went to Halfords to get a touch up pen, but what colour? I was given the swatch catalogues and away I went. I rapidly realised the sheer tedium of the matching process and thought I'd never find a match. In practise it didn't take me long. I was amazed to discover that I was able to spot close matches really quickly and before long Maserati Red. Took the swatch out to the bike and genuinely could not tell the difference. I've since used it and it's so damn close I can't tell the difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts