MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for the best one to use? I have a single sided one that I use with my Duke but I don't think it will work with my 1090RR. Cheers folks

·
Super Moderator
23,102 Posts
I have a 1090RR and use the Pit Bull single-sided stand. The pin is larger to fit the rear axle.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Just bought this 1 for my Dragster from bs-motoparts
Simple enough and won't break the bank like some.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just bought this 1 for my Dragster from bs-motoparts
Simple enough and won't break the bank like some.

That looks very like the one I already have for my Ducati S2R. So perhaps I just need the adaptor for a 1090.

I have a Abba stand too, but only have adaptors for my Thundercat atm

I presume there are Abba adaptors for the 1090, I will have to check

·
Registered
565 Posts
I picked up an older model of the MV Corse one nearly 1/2 price on ebay earlier this year. they do come up occasionally

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yeah I imagine they'd do a pin separately that you could use in the one you have already.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
That looks very like the one I already have for my Ducati S2R. So perhaps I just need the adaptor for a 1090.
I'm not sure about the S2R Tony, but some Ducati model's axle sizing is the same as MV, and all MV axles are the same if that helps. (43mm if I'm not mistaken) It should be around 42.8 if you ask me.:)

But, and I know it's not cheap, our good friend Joe has a Bursig for sale at the moment - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=162961
You will not be sorry - you might have to get the right frame plate adaptor for your bike - but they are awesome. With and without wheels.

·
Registered
233 Posts
i have never seen, nor used, any Bursig stand in my life... how do you use it Donsy ? does it have to be attached to some special bracket at the chassis ??

i am going to use it for the Trepistonis if they are just need to be plugged..

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
i have never seen, nor used, any Bursig stand in my life... how do you use it Donsy ? does it have to be attached to some special bracket at the chassis ??

i am going to use it for the Trepistonis if they are just need to be plugged..
Google is your friend mate, and my photo album - crikey, do I add all those pictures for no reason.
It's not the same for all models, but close enough - http://gallery.mvagusta.net/donsy/bursigandothertools/page3/

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers Donsy, that Bursig does look good and I work in Warwickshire. I have an Abba stand which is budget option if I can find a 1090 adaptor

I will check the paddock stand I use for my Ducati, I was told it wouldn't fit, but it looks like it might from what you have said

·
Registered
317 Posts
42,84mm. I again lost my cool while waiting for a factory one to arrive, so made my own out of an old parts trolley and cart wheels... Just hope the factory one would arrive soon since i didnt have enough time to mill a tube for bearings and stuff. So no spinning pin then.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I've got a pit bull rear stand. Came with a number of pins for the various single side bikes.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
i see! so they do need special bolts to be replaced at the spot where the bursig should be plugged... Thank you there :f4:
On some models yes, it's supplied with the stand if it's needed.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Can the Bursig stand be "rotated" so the front wheel can be high enough to drain the coolant?
Jim

1 - 20 of 23 Posts