MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys use to lube the paddock stand.
Only had the bike a month and got concerned when I struggled to remove it!
Got it off in the end. Wary of using oil in case the centre gets gunged up!
Tont :banghead:

·
Banned
48 Posts
hi mate we have come across this lots,fastest way to sort this out is to gride,sand,mill down the plastic sleave on the stand

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I had this. So I used some sand paper and hand sanded the plastic. It seems to swell, so that's what happens. I have seen other stands with a metal axle, this would solve it.
I had to tap it with a rubber mallet!
After sanding I spray it with WD40 and it seems fine.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
i used to just lube it with a little oil and use a pipe to put through the rear "axle" and bang the stand out. Now i just sanded down the plastic and its still tight but comes out no prob :piss:

·
Registered
40 Posts
You might want to consider the Pit Bull rear stand for the MV. I got one not long after I bought my MV. It uses a metal axle which fits the rear wheel pretty near perfectly. Very sturdy and well designed piece of gear.

Joe

·
Registered
367 Posts
Or an aussie anderson stand, mine also has wheels so I can spin the bike on a dime. The metal shafts are great and all the way through.

jonathan

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I use Matty's method, my stand is very tight and I just use a piece of wood to tap the locating lug out from the opposite side. :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers all,
Looks like sand paper and WD40
saving my finds for pipes!
Tont

·
Registered
106 Posts
jcmaxwell said:
You might want to consider the Pit Bull rear stand for the MV. I got one not long after I bought my MV. It uses a metal axle which fits the rear wheel pretty near perfectly. Very sturdy and well designed piece of gear.

Joe
As an alternative to the marginal (poor leverage, inconsistent spindle) EOM stand, the FG (F Gubellini, Italy) stand is beautifully designed and fabricated...available through Red Racing Parts (http://www.redracingparts.com/). FBF, PI, and Munroe in SF have carried this stand as well. Interestingly, because the rear axle diameter of the 1098 appears to be identical to that of the MV, the stand marketed by Ducati and likely manufactured by FG for the 1098 is readily available and will work as well.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts