MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just read a few threads about being better than bmw and aprillia in the commercial market and the race scene and my personal take on this is who cares. if you own one of these legends and from my financial situation we are privalleged, and when the company can race again with full backing then let's get behind them and support them,I love taking my MV on track Just becouse not many can

·
Registered
988 Posts
just read a few threads about being better than bmw and aprillia in the commercial market and the race scene and my personal take on this is who cares. if you own one of these legends and from my financial situation we are privalleged, and when the company can race again with full backing then let's get behind them and support them,I love taking my MV on track Just becouse not many can
I'm with ya bro, all the way. I own an MV, not because it's the most powerful, best handling, most fastest machine. It's captured my heart and imagination in other ways.

Yep, I'm the only MV at trackdays around these woods, and it gets plenty of attention and questions. I may not be the quickest, or youngest in my group, but the feeling of satisfaction is priceless.

And yes, I wait with baited breath, wanting, waiting for the day when MV can compete on a world stage again. I'll be first to cheer them on.

When are you trying out for the Factory Team Donsy :naughty: :yo:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Mine is the only MV at trackdays as well.
Last time out some very nice young ladies asked nicely if they could have a picture taken with my bike. Cool or what??
Like Rob_b I am not quite the slowest, maybe the oldest, but probably have the biggest grin after each session.:D

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I wanted an MV since I was a kid, I never thought I'd have one of my own back then, let alone two. OK, so the current crop aren't strictly the MV's of old, but I've said it before and don't apologise for saying it again. The Cagiva sequels (if I can call them that) are excellent bikes, well worthy of the name IMHO. I consider myself a privileged person to have owned one.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
The MV sure puts a grin on your face when you own one

I also have a couple of friends one who has a white 848 and the other a white 1098, both are also stunning bikes

as for awaiting the day MV can compete racing on world stage again! havent we been wishing that from the year 2000 on, I know ive been wishing that from since I bought my EV03 back on 2003

but still waiting

still something about these 4 pipes coming out from below the seat that does something for me

·
Registered
327 Posts
I wanted an MV since I was a kid, I never thought I'd have one of my own back then, let alone two. OK, so the current crop aren't strictly the MV's of old, but I've said it before and don't apologise for saying it again. The Cagiva sequels (if I can call them that) are excellent bikes, well worthy of the name IMHO. I consider myself a privileged person to have owned one.
+100

·
Registered
589 Posts
My personal opinion only.
What MV needs to do is produce an innovative new model that is fully developed and is free of the problems that we suffer today.
NOT a Ducati with an inline four.
Wharever Sñr Tamborini was payed to "design" the F4 was too much. All he did was change a few lines from his early Ducati design.
Look at pics of the Ducati 916 and tell me you cannot see a F4 in there.
´Nuff said.
P.s. I love my MV

·
Registered
851 Posts
"Wharever Sñr Tamborini was payed to "design" the F4 was too much. All he did was change a few lines from his early Ducati design.
Look at pics of the Ducati 916 and tell me you cannot see a F4 in there."

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Can't you see the 916 and the f4 both have round wheels and a single sided swing arm. All tamburini do was stack the two 916 headlights on top of each other and multiply the exhausts by 2. And heat warp the fuel tank. And fill in the big fairing holes on the 916 so the MV would always run hot so they could fix that 10 years later in the next generation. And throw some silver paint on it so it doesn't look like a Ducati. I mean, even a caveman or a toothless, one-eyed monkey could have done that. :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
toothless ? ? ? really ? :laughing:

·
Registered
786 Posts
What MV needs to do is produce an innovative new model that is fully developed and is free of the problems that we suffer today.
Wharever Sñr Tamborini was payed to "design" the F4 was too much. All he did was change a few lines from his early Ducati design.
´Nuff said.
P.s. I love my MV
I for one couldn't give two shits if the best sports bike ever made looks like an evolution of the second best sports bike ever made.:mouthwate

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
´Nuff said.
P.s. I love my MV
Mmwwwoooaarrr.....

Your MV might not love you when it reads this post.

You may be old and you may be fast, but you are very naughty and should repent!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Mmwwwoooaarrr.....

Your MV might not love you when it reads this post.

You may be old and you may be fast, but you are very naughty and should repent!
I waited a long time to say this about MV, but waited until I had a better understanding of the marque and the mind set around it.
On the same subject, for Harley I would have thought that MV was the perfect alternate brand as we are being asked to buy into a lifestyle choice, just like most Harley buyers, which has more myth that substance. MV is a great bike, but take away the myth and the reality maybe different. It is hard to be rational about biking, and this is certainly true of our personal choices.
My bike loves me for sure. I spend more time with her and more money on her than the wife. At least that is what the wife says.
I have owned some crappy bikes in the past and tried to convice myself that I had bought wisely. I am happy with my MV but with my eyes open.
This is the best bike forum. Thanks everyone, have made owning an MV a pleasure for me.

·
Registered
327 Posts
´Nuff said.
P.s. I love my MV
The F4 design was ment to take over for the 916, but we all know the story. They sold ducati and bought mv, so

·
Registered
327 Posts
I agree with you, they are not the mvs of old at all. Only the name is the same. But thankfully the bikes are well worth the name. Be that if its a cagiva high line model:) And i also feel privileged to own one

·
Registered
876 Posts
I just enjoy owning and thrashing a bike that makes me feel more than several Hondas did, combined.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I like my MV for what it is. My choice. Still a great bike despite (or because of) it´s provenence. Last trackday, I was eating 1000s on the staight at Albacete, because it takes no skill to twist the throttle.
I am well pleased with the 750. It is as much as I want. I hope to be as good as the bike one day. Times coming down with each trackday.
I am not attacking MV, far from it. Just that some of the comments on here seem to be quite a way from the reallity.
As for the future of MV. Can they survive with a two model range? Doubtful.
Yamaha cannot suvive selling only the R1. Same with Honda and the Fireblade, The smaller "everyday" bike sales allow them to offer the upper range models at what must be nearly cost price.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts