MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I picked my bike up at last only I can't ride it. The bike has been re-imported into the UK from Southern Ireland and I'm waiting for the new UK registration to arrive. What I do know is that it was sold new on 01/03/2004 by DK motorcycles and went to Ireland sometime in 2008.

I'm curious about the handlebar fairing, I've not seen one like that and I'm not sure at this stage if I'll keep it. I prefer the look of the Biondi screens but this one has a neat central bracket. The carbon fibre front mudguard has obviously been a later addition. Its also been fitted with a PUIG digital gear indicator but unfortunately the LCD screen is leaking so I'll likely remove it. I note PUIG don't supply this particular item anymore. I'd also like a belly pan but need to find one I can live with.

In terms of the cat are there significant advantages to replacing it with the link pipes and does the ECU need remapped to suit??

Its just been dealer serviced ( 8000 Miles) but I've loads to do in terms of cleaning it to a standard that I'm happy with. Despite that I generally get the feel its been fairly well looked after during its life. Its a physically small bike but I feel totally comfortable in the saddle with hand a foot controls falling exactly where I would want them. I already had a motrax single side paddock stand that I use with my T509. Unfortunately Motrax no longer exist so getting a pin to suit the MV rear wheel seemed unlikely. However I contacted R-G racing and they kindly measured one of the pins for their own stand and it seems that their PIN 3 for Ducati models is a perfect fit for the MV and my Motrax stand. Deep joy.

Cheers

Fent

Looking forward to getting it on the road and reporting initial impressions

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Congrats on the new bike . Never seen a screen like that before, maybe some of the more experienced brute owners can shed some light.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks. Yes, I've already come to the conclusion that the screen has to go. Currently looking at Puig, Biondi and Barracuda options. Might even just leave it screen-less

Can anyone tell me who makes this belly pan?? The picture is on the barracuda site but isn't listed.

http://www.barracudamoto.com/media/catalog/category/MOTO_BRUTALE.jpg

Edit: Just found that belly-pan on the BellissiMoto web site

1 - 5 of 5 Posts