MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried out this pump from design corse?

http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Overheating_solution/Upgraded_Water_Pump

I don't see any reason why I should be letting my Brutale run at 210 plus degrees in city driving in 60 degree or less weather.

Anyone tried this, is it better than the different impeller that MV offers? should I just use the MV one since its like $170?

Let me know

·
Registered
337 Posts
I personally would just use the new one from MV. Based on reading on the F4 board, it seems like they are getting positive results.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
2,583 Posts
Has anyone tried out this pump from design corse?

I don't see any reason why I should be letting my Brutale run at 210 plus degrees in city driving in 60 degree or less weather.

Anyone tried this, is it better than the different impeller that MV offers? should I just use the MV one since its like $170?

Let me know
This sounds very wrong !!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
This sounds very wrong !!
Nar.. thats about 98 degrees, which is high but OK. Depends on the situation tho? if you are stopped and sitting for 10mins or something yes, riding along no.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
210 degrees is not anything to worry about. Although, that is a bit warmer than most Brutale owners report. What coolant are you using and how much?

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Yeah, I'd like to know if any one has tied one of these pumps also,...very interesting. I'd like to know more.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Mine ticks up to about 212-215 at stoplights during idling....then it will slowly cool down a couple degrees at a time. It will then cool down more quickly when I get going again.

I've been thinking about ordering the upgraded impeller even though the temps I am running seems normal. Can't hurt to run cooler either way.

Mike

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hmm...I was only seeing 205-206 worst case stop and go in Temecula once, had to been 100 degrees or more out. 198 is my usually with stop and go around San Diego.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hmm...I was only seeing 205-206 worst case stop and go in Temecula once, had to been 100 degrees or more out. 198 is my usually with stop and go around San Diego.
Now I'm paranoid. :) I'm going to take a closer look at mine this weekend when i ride.

Mike

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no idea what kind, when I first got it early last week coolant was just above the min line so I added distilled water to the top, after reading all the threads about the heat I figured I'd just replace the impeller and would have to drain the system anyway. it just seems a like its a hell of a lot hotter running than any of my previous bikes, when i'm out cruising 60-90 mph it runs at like 155-170 but seconds after I hit a stop light and slow down to like 25-30 mph it goes over 200 and stays right around 206-211 and a couple times it even went over 214, this seems a little high considering water boils at 212, and i'm not stopped for an eternity.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and by top i mean max not to the brim

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well piss, I'll just let it go down to that level now

·
Registered
84 Posts
I went all the way to 233 (112C) once and decided to stop to cool down. Mostly idling in the traffic mind you, but still a bit scary. Then again, the coolant's under pressure so it's not going to boil at 233 anyway.
Anyone noticed how the engine starts unpredictably stalling all by itself on low revs once the temperature crosses the magical 212 border or is it just me?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Earlier this year I rode up to Sydney and the ambient air temp hit 46c (114f), I got stuck at an intersection and the temp gage hit 108c (226f). I was nervous but managed to get moving and the temp slowly came back down to the high 90’s (low 200’s f). It’s funny because I usually freak if the temp got to 100c (212 f) but this time I was elated as it dropped to 100c.

It was like riding in a furnace but the Brutale is still going strong.

Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts