MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll make it a short story. This past weekend I decided to take the Brutale up to NY for Virginia to see family for an event. Everything was fine until I hit traffic on i95 at DC. The bike, even in slow moving traffic started to overheat "bink "at 234 f . I was able to get back to 230 f but at one point it hit 244 f. Granted it was about 100 f and traffic was crawling. On the way back home things were worst. It hit 253f and pulled over as fast as i could to shut here down. I put the key to the on position to let the fan run ( fan stops running a few seconds after it shuts down.) After it got to about 220f I started it back up and the battery light came on. I knew right away I had blown the fuse. No problem I'll just put in the spare. Oh %^%@ where is the spare. It still starts and i get off at the next exit and with in a few miles find an Advanced Auto which has the 40amp fuse. Now I have many spares. This has never happened before. Also, i have never been in traffic with 100 f temp either. Even when I did start to move at around 75 mph the temp stayed around 212-216f.

It's a 2005 750s with water wetter and about 16,000 miles. Has this happened to anyone or do i need to check some things? I thought only F4's overheated.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
early last week when temps were around 95 here in ohio, i was seeing over 230 in traffic, once i got out in the country with sustained speeds of over 60 it went back down to 205-209. I just have coolant though. Probably going to change to water wetter while i wait for parts from carl

·
Administrator
20,391 Posts
You may find that 50/50 antifreeze with water wetter is better then just water as a coolant.

I had an experience like that when I changed my antifreeze and left an air pocket in the radiator. Engine wasn't actually overheating, but the gauge said it was!!! Did you boil coolant out the overflow?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I burped it. If I don't burp it it pisses almost every time I stop. Check fluid level which was fine and no overflowing or pissing.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Distilled water plus watter wetter is way better than any coolant plus watter wetter mixture. Mix 4 ounces of water wetter into a 1 gallon jug of distilled water and pour it in. I spoke to a RedLine tech a couple of weeks ago, he said in their tests, the above mixture performed better than even engine ice. If you dont need anti-freeze (here in SoCal we only go as low as 50F) then distilled water and watter wetter cant be beat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts