MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I'm assuming this is coolant coming out the right side of my bike. How bad is this, and am I covered under my warranty? There was some even on the inside of my windscreen.
Umm...That's the LEFT side of your bike.

There were reports a while back about fluid on the windscreen--turned out to be excess oil from the air filter.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Umm...That's the LEFT side of your bike.

There were reports a while back about fluid on the windscreen--turned out to be excess oil from the air filter.
Fixed the typo sorry. :laughing:

Well i doubt its oil on the windscreen because its blue so it has to be coolant.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Familiar

We have crazy hot temperatures here in Aberdeen this week - 27 dec C is absolutely unheard of; and yes my bike has the blue streaks on the left hand fairing.

I cleaned it all off yesterday afternoon. There is no sign of where the leak is coming from but definitely it is hitting the inside of the left fairing. The bike was serviced a week ago, that may be causitive. I will just have to ride it more and see what happens. :jerkoff:

·
Registered
228 Posts
oh dear

Rode the bike for an hour or so, into town then out into the country. Max temperature in town got up to 106 C then down to 90 once up to speed. At the end of the journey I had coolant on my helmet visor, inside the screen and dripping off the top radiator on the left hand side. The dealer will be here tonight to collect it so we'll see what he says.....................

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
GP Motorcycles is a great place.

As been said. check coolent level. if its too high its going to vent to the ground next to the water pump. Also the water pumps have a poor design. The spring that preloads the seal fails from the get go 90% of the time. I update the spring with a stronger one and fixes the problem. The spring heas up gets weak to fails to hold pressure. Wheich in return is why they have a weep hole that they leak from. Takes about an hour to swap it out. But you must refill the system.
I bet you have a air bubble trapped at the temp sensor, air bubble caused by water pump seal failure. As steam moves across the temp sensor it send the readings up. As you get moving water then runs across the sensor causing it to lower.

Also you might like to check the c0 level on the bike. It might be running lean. check it from the header plugs and not from the tail pipes. Tail pipes give you a + or - 3% reading from what the engine is really doing.

Weep hole in water pump is a common problem. I am sure GP will take care of you no problems. I also understand the "Italian shock" you get when you spend that kinda coin and get some unknown italian flavor added to your coffie. Its not you or the bike. Its the breed, Its what adds flavor to the blend.

Enjoy the bike. Your in a group now that most people will never know of. The level of riding you will have. This flavor is one that japenese bikes can not obtain.

MV is also one of the better companies out there as far as taking care of their customers. So have no worries. Enjoy the bike. No one is blowing smoke.

If you have any questions let me know I'll see how I can help.
What spring part were you able to find for this swap?

·
Registered
43 Posts
How Hot Is Too Hot?

New MV Owner. Just had the 600 mile service (a little late because I was enjoying the bike too much to get it in before 1,000 miles.) On the way home from the dealer today temp gauge hit 236F and was flashing. Called the dealer and was told to raise the RPM's even when not moving to help circulate the coolant. No pun intended, but does that sound cool to you folks out there with more experience with an F4 1000R? I also ride a 999 and the hottest that seems to get when not moving is around 225F. Appreciate any advice or suggestions.

·
Registered
861 Posts
New MV Owner. Just had the 600 mile service (a little late because I was enjoying the bike too much to get it in before 1,000 miles.) On the way home from the dealer today temp gauge hit 236F and was flashing. Called the dealer and was told to raise the RPM's even when not moving to help circulate the coolant. No pun intended, but does that sound cool to you folks out there with more experience with an F4 1000R? I also ride a 999 and the hottest that seems to get when not moving is around 225F. Appreciate any advice or suggestions.
It happens to all of us do a search on over heating/ Running hot. There are somethings you can do to prevent it. Don't worry its normal. Just shut it off if the temp starts blinking :jsm:

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I believe your dealer might be blowing smoke up your ass...coolant loss is only a common problem on the MV if the level is filled above the min mark..check your level and drain it neccessary.
What he said I wholeheartedly agree.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts