MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took it out for a ride again in a 83F weather....

runs very hot again, 210F + and the bike also developed multiple oil leaks.

1. from belly pan
2. from gearshift lever

crap this pisses me off!!!! 12k for a bike with oil leaks and overheating!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Bad luck mate... all I can say is that you should expect the best service in the world seeing you paid so much for the bike!

My digital dash doesn't work after about 4000 kms!! BUT it works if I throw a bucket of warm water over the machine after washing it!!

What a bummer!! .... my service guys say they will look after me in regard to the MV but it's a bloody nuisance having to take the bike back and leave it for a couple of days to get fixed!!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
ks9mm said:
I took it out for a ride again in a 83F weather....

runs very hot again, 210F + and the bike also developed multiple oil leaks.

1. from belly pan
2. from gearshift lever

crap this pisses me off!!!! 12k for a bike with oil leaks and overheating!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
What model bike is it??

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is 05 Brutale 750, that I bought brand new, as a leftover from 2005.

oil spots on the floor are from the bike as well. So, on the top of overheating, I saw 3 spots that leak oil.

damn I am pissed!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Why do people think that 12K for a bike is that much?

Sure it IS alot of money, but you could have bought many Ducatis that cost more,

A Kawasaki zzrx 1400 is that much, Many of the big cruisers from Japan are more, Goldwings, just about all the harleys are 2-3 times as much and forget about choppers!!!

Don't get me wrong, when people see how much my bike costs, they say "wow, that's alot of money" but if I rolled up on a Goldwing or a Harley, they would say "cool!"

Hope you get your bike sorted, I'm sure it's something simple.

Is the fan coming on?????

John T

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
airfuel said:
Why do people think that 12K for a bike is that much?

Sure it IS alot of money, but you could have bought many Ducatis that cost more,

A Kawasaki zzrx 1400 is that much, Many of the big cruisers from Japan are more, Goldwings, just about all the harleys are 2-3 times as much and forget about choppers!!!

Don't get me wrong, when people see how much my bike costs, they say "wow, that's alot of money" but if I rolled up on a Goldwing or a Harley, they would say "cool!"

Hope you get your bike sorted, I'm sure it's something simple.

Is the fan coming on?????

John T
THIS is the kind of stuff I'd heard about previously that kept me away from MVs and the sparse dealer network. Now that I've overcome that "fragile and trouble-prone" perception and ordered both an F4R and 910R, this and some other similar posts still bring me some concern about my OWN future MV bikes.

Price IS relative... to other bikes AND to various individuals' wallets. Although $12K isn't a lot TO ME for a bike, it does represent a significant expense to many. Some comparisons to my other bikes' MSRPs before freight & setup:
$11,399 - R1
$11,499 - ZX-14
$20,499 - K1200GT
$24,995 - FXSTSSE
$26,495 - VRSCSE2
$34,995 - K9 (w/mods)

At any purchase price, a new bike should NOT have these issues. I know you are fuming!!!! Hope it gets sorted out immediately.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the hell with the price... Toys cost money, i have no problems with that.

it's the oil leaks that I worry about...with 40 miles on the clock...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
This is why EVERYTHING comes with a warranty. Nothing is perfect. It will be fixed....$hit happens.

Go to any other forum and read about problems. The internet breeds hysteria.

John T

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
The guy who set up the bike must be blind or he doesn't know what he's doing. The seal on the shifter shaft must be flush with the housing, looking at your pictures it either moved out or it wasn't installed correctly from the beginning.
Don't ride the bike!!!! If the seal comes out completely you will have the oil all over your rear wheel.
It's beyond me how sombody can overlook something like this.

But you've got a beautiful bike there and they will fix it. On the other hand I would be pissed too, you are excited to get on it (like our friend Greg) and than something like this happens. This has nothing to do with internet hysteria or how much the bike was, it's just diapointing.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
916SPS said:
The guy who set up the bike must be blind or he doesn't know what he's doing. The seal on the shifter shaft must be flush with the housing, looking at your pictures it either moved out or it wasn't installed correctly from the beginning.
Don't ride the bike!!!! If the seal comes out completely you will have the oil all over your rear wheel.
It's beyond me how sombody can overlook something like this.

But you've got a beautiful bike there and they will fix it. On the other hand I would be pissed too, you are excited to get on it (like our friend Greg) and than something like this happens. This has nothing to do with internet hysteria or how much the bike was, it's just diapointing.

:rant: What he said :cussing: Good luck It`s a great bike and you WILL get to enjoy it. I got close to 6000mi on mine with a scare or two but it got fixed and is a gas to ride.

Chris

·
Registered
154 Posts
There is something seriously wrong with your bike. This should be covered by the warranty. If you have problems with the dealer who is in all respect a representative of MV, I hope there is a lemon law in your state. My bike's temp does not go above 210 and there is definitely no leakage of fluid.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Not much we or you could or should do. Dealership.

For my own curiosity, given the area in the second picture is the oil coming from the gasket or is it possible it collected there fom the output shaft seal leak at the gear selector? That area gets a lot of blow by from the area. Is it seeping from the gasket?

This is the second (new) oil pan gasket leak I've heard about. I believe other was torqued to resolve, hopefully this one is as simple for that area.

Let me show you the parts view of that seal. It's number 37, just so you have an idea of what they'll be doing

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you All!!

I called dealer in the morning and emailed him the pictures. 30 min later, i received a call from serice manager, telling me not to ride the bike.

Also, they send a van and picked up my bike already. I should know later on the status of things.

So far, I am pleased with service.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts