MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not ridden in about 6 months on my beloved Senna - so when I took it out today, the temp went up to 235 and blinking. I checked the fans and they work. I also have the cooling upgrades. But I noticed that I can't see any coolant (even at the min level) in the reservoir.

Does the bike lose coolant when you don't ride for a while? any other ideas?

thanks

PS: I took off fairing and there was the usual amount of coolant on the fairing and the kick stand switch near the overflow tube - but I didn't see any cracks in the radiator or visible leaks.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Does the bike lose coolant when you don't ride for a while?
Nope.
Good to see you still remember where we are. Sure you don't see coolant, even at the low level ? Clean it, top up to minimum level and go for a ride again. The bike should not really be pumping coolant out.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, the bike is pissed at you for not riding it......

like you have an excuse

:stickpoke:stickpoke:stickpoke

:popcorn:
my parents had gone for a European motorcycle tour and gotten in a bad accident. It was difficult to get back on a bike.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope.
Good to see you still remember where we are. Sure you don't see coolant, even at the low level ? Clean it, top up to minimum level and go for a ride again. The bike should not really be pumping coolant out.
Thanks Donsy. will do.

·
Registered
329 Posts
my parents had gone for a European motorcycle tour and gotten in a bad accident. It was difficult to get back on a bike.
Well that certainly is a good reason to second guess getting bad on a bike but good luck with your issue just be careful in case you do have a leak that can cause some slippery conditions

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Remember my situation, where I had an overheating issue due to loss of coolant, with no visible coolant spilled, and it ended up by being the water pump that had a leak. Check that out.
Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts