MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1078rr temps getting to 140c. Shut bike down to let cool down. Got home let it cool same problem. Fans don't come on. Unplug temp sensor on head and fans work. All connections look fine fuse ok. Do I take the temp sensor out of the head and test it?

·
Super Moderator
22,100 Posts
Grab the manual from Donsy's site and test per the directions.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
you have blown a fuse in the spu ,check for contact also, the fuse might look ok, but grab another one and test again

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Eddy I'll try that. Also the battery is dead again this morning it won't hold a charge could this be a factor.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
hey, Robbo ,check if you are getting voltage from the alternator,pretty easy stuff to do ,Have you replaced the 3 battery leads on your bike yet as they are crap ,far to light for this bike . I just use a motobatt battery at the moment works fine and is fairly cheap.Should always hold a charge, mine goes for weeks sometimes and always starts up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eddy recharged the battery started fine still no fans checked all fuses, fine. Temp still erratic jumps from 60 to 90 back to 70 then to 120. Do have Oxford hand warmers but never had a problem until yesterday

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I have a spare standard ecu if you need to borrow it,can mail it to you if you can not isolate the issue,very strange ,there are not to many sensors on this bike,I just do not have a spare spu.I think this bike does have a thermostat in it ,but if this was faulty would it effect the fans,not sure.have you checked water level . sensor on block , seems strange that it is jumping all over the place ,sounds like thermostat maybe.

keep us up to date.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took the sensor out of the head. The 1078rr has only the one sensor in the head with 4 wires I assume 2 wires to the ecu to turn the fans on and the other 2 to the dash. Tested the sensor as per the manual. These are the results 50c 1.177kohm. 80c .472. 100c .272kohm these are a bit different to the range listed in the manual are these figures too far out meaning that the sensor is no good.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sensor Part Number

Does anyone know where I can find the part number for this Temp sensor for a 1078 Brutale. The one in all manuals is only the 2 terminal sensor. This is the 4 wire sensor that goes into the head. My model does not have a sensor in the radiator.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Eddy Star Twin are talking with MV to get the right part number. The one in the manual has only 2 terminals where as mine has four wires. What is on your bike? We have the same model.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can Anyone Help

MV are claiming that they don't make this Temp Sensor. They did not make Brutale's in 2009. It's the single cylinder sensor with 4 wires. 1 circuit to the dash 1 circuit to the ECU to turn the fans on. It is a Euro3 spec bike but there is no reference in any manual.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Hi Robbo, that's terrible info back from MV, fwiw, even the eu3 910R has only the one sensor, I can't believe the info given back to you. Check your vin, it might be a 2008, but that shouldn't make any difference.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Donsy
I've given them my Vin and still no luck they just keep looking at the manuals and see a sensor with 2 pins. Do you know of anywhere I can try next.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Thanks Donsy
I've given them my Vin and still no luck they just keep looking at the manuals and see a sensor with 2 pins. Do you know of anywhere I can try next.
Okay, I had a quick look at the parts lists, ignore the pictures as they use the same picture for all models.
Part numbers : 910S and R - 8002088575
1078 and 989 - 8000A7511 - This will be the right one.
1090 and 990 - 8000B3497
Let you dealer look at these.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Donsy
Your a genius. Great to know there are people like you out there willing to help.
Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Thanks Donsy
Your a genius. Great to know there are people like you out there willing to help.
Thanks again
No problems mate, the part numbers are on my web site if you need more info.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
New sensor in. Radiator flushed and filled with engine ice. Test ride temp stable on the dash. Get back home temp rises to 96c fans don't come on. Disconnect sensor fans work. Look at oil sight glass and oil is milky. What's happened now!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts