1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a suggestion.

Could we agree to use the term "over heat" only when the following occurs:

The temperature exceeds 120 degrees C (248 F)*

I'm tempted to list everything that does not fall into the "over heat" category, but I want to keep this simple, for now.

*Unless the manual for your model indicates a different temperature.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
I would classify an overheat as radiator boil over. The flashing temperature is an over-temp warning, and everything else is running hot.

BTW, I went for a ride Sunday, ambient temp 103 degrees f, temp never rose above 210 degrees. Everything stock except decat...

·
Registered
559 Posts
I read a lot here about temp issues, what is the optimum temp for an F4 and what is, crap I better pull over before this thing melts? Living on the east coast (of Wisconsin by lake Michigan that is) it doesn't get real hot here so over heating hasn't been a problem

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Mine never goes over 208F, fans kick in and make sure of that. This is with regular fan blades and regular coolant.

Since my bike is at the dealer for repairs, its getting distilled water + Watter Wetter for coolant and Muzzys fan upgrade to further aid in cooling (even though it didnt need it). Its going to be interesting to see how high the temps go now, Water Wetter is supposed to be some good stuff.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Just a suggestion.

Could we agree to use the term "over heat" only when the following occurs:

The temperature exceeds 120 degrees C (248 F)*

I'm tempted to list everything that does not fall into the "over heat" category, but I want to keep this simple, for now.

*Unless the manual for your model indicates a different temperature.

I would be less inclined to be governed by the temperature gauge.

My definition? : When the coolant is pissing out, it's overheating!

(and no, it's not overfilled!)

P.S. no longer a problem anyway, since the fitting of a fan switch.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts