MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, it can be done -- the dreadful over-blinging of beautiful bikes. I've seen it. Don't want to be guilty of it, but I do have a slight addiction towards Carbon Fiber.

So I need some opinions. I'm quite happy with the upgrades I've done to my beautiful Senna. Until today, that is -- I am questioning a recent purchase of CF that may actually work against the lines of the bike.

In the first picture, from this particular angle, you can see the CF Tank panel seems to retain the line of CF bits quite well.

In the second picture, the tank panel seems to break the continuity of the grey paint scheme that blends the front fairing to the rear tail section. I'm not sure if I should chuck these CF panels or not, would welcome your opinions on this.

I wish all my problems were this bad.

Gregg

Attachments

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I don't know if chucking them is a good idea. Perhaps selling them..? Seriously, I know where you are coming from. Judicious use of carbon fiber can be beautiful. Personally, I would leave the the panels you are talking about and get rid of the other pieces. (The heel guard, the piece behind the rear sets.) Although you don't show the other side of the bike I hope you haven't put on one of those carbon fiber swing arm "protectors".

That is my inflation adjusted $.02 opinion.

CAG

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
All you need now is a chrome plated frame, swing arm, forks, and the blue LED light treatment, and you'll be all set for bike night in the valley.

IMHO - ditch the frame plate covers and gas tank side covers. Much better like that.

Alex

·
Registered
167 Posts
I looked at the panels below the gas tank as wellin CF but on a red/silver one it just didn't feel right so I left it. I just replaced all the black ugly black plastic (besides the air intakes. They just cost too much atm and I am also not sure they will fit).

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
altoon said:
All you need now is a chrome plated frame, swing arm, forks, and the blue LED light treatment, and you'll be all set for bike night in the valley.

Alex
You mean RED LED lights, right? Red LED's would work better with the red frame and red Senna logo :eek:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree, it is too much, loose the tank panel and the frame covers. It is hard because they flow so well even in stock form. I have been thinking about mag swingarm and frame plates but, don't want to ruin the look. I think just replce any black plastic with carbon and carbon heal gaurds. Then strat replacing the cast pieces with billet corse pieces! That's my plan anyway. We all want to go crazy replacing bits and personlizing our MV's (guilty) but, the truth is they are truely beautiful right out of the box!! In all honesty they don't really need anything but, what fun would that be!
Those of us that get it own MV's, those of us that don't, DON'T!!!

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
you can always paint the tank side covers to look like the original one, you still have the weight saving :tongue: ... or you can start collecting a fulset of CF body kit (with CF tank and airbox too!).

I personally like the grey tank plate better, the frame plate cover is ok for me, I like it either way.

·
Registered
689 Posts
The frame plate covers don't work for me. Sure, carbon fiber is light, but nothing would be even lighter. Other than that, the camera's flash makes the carbon stand out more than it would otherwise. I'd like to see a daylight picture.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Dova80 said:
This is what I would do
I agree, lose the tank panels and the frame covers.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I like it...but then again I have more carbon on my matte black Brutale. The Senna is beautiful with minimal carbon i guess. Get rid of the frame covers and give...err sell them to me!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I have to say I'm not really the biggest carbon fiber crazy guy myself, but your particular bike looks very nice to me. I'm mean the weight saving theory is for nut cases with too much money and not enough sense, but for what it is and I mean solely as a visual pleasing tear resistant surface thing, there fine- actualy very nice looking on your bike. Especialy with the mixture of color on the Senna. I say keep'em and enjoy both sets. There easy enough to swap out anyway. :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts