MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having a problem trying to get a rear sprocket. It was determined that my stock rear sprocket (2013 F4) was out of round from the factory.
I've had a rear sprocket on order (through my dealer) for about 2 months.

I'm assuming that if mine was defective maybe a bunch of them were. I mean I doubt they set up the machinery to cut one sprocket (mine) and then changed the set up for all of the others.

The dealership tells me that I'm the only one who's had a problem. So my questions are:

1) Has anyone else checked their rear sprocket for roundness? Anyone who's adjusted their chain would have a hard time NOT noticing this problem.

2) Is there nowhere on earth that I can get a 520 rear sprocket for this bike?
I've sent out contacts to a couple of forum sponsors, just waiting to hear back.

At first I wasn't too worried but as the miles pile on with the chain getting tight/loose thousands of times each mile I'm beginning to get worried about fatigue and possible disaster.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
sprocket?

John;
they've dumbed Google down till its almost useless

sprocket manufacturers make sprockets for 40 bikes i've never heard of, but not MV......in fucked up pdf files

here's the only one i found;
http://sprocketcenter.com/index.php/street-sprocket-applications/mv-agusta/1090r-brutale-2009-2013.html

this is beyond stupid:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

if they can't help you, give me a call, the local Parts Unlimited rep is a friend

do Ducati sprockets fit MV cush drives??????
i have no idea, but the same dickhead designed them:wtf:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Are the '09 and previous sprockets the same as the newer '10 and up ones? I have a couple of quick change sprockets for the older Agusta models that could help you get by until you can find a supplier for new ones.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Been having a problem trying to get a rear sprocket. It was determined that my stock rear sprocket (2013 F4) was out of round from the factory.
I've had a rear sprocket on order (through my dealer) for about 2 months.

I'm assuming that if mine was defective maybe a bunch of them were. I mean I doubt they set up the machinery to cut one sprocket (mine) and then changed the set up for all of the others.

The dealership tells me that I'm the only one who's had a problem. So my questions are:

1) Has anyone else checked their rear sprocket for roundness? Anyone who's adjusted their chain would have a hard time NOT noticing this problem.

2) Is there nowhere on earth that I can get a 520 rear sprocket for this bike?
I've sent out contacts to a couple of forum sponsors, just waiting to hear back.

At first I wasn't too worried but as the miles pile on with the chain getting tight/loose thousands of times each mile I'm beginning to get worried about fatigue and possible disaster.
Contact Brian owner of Drive system, I bought a lot of Afam 520/525 sprocket, DID from him for my Duc, F4, hope he can help you get back on the road soon.
http://www.drivesystemsusa.com/g/5544/contact-us.html

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
John, it's been well documented by a couple of guys on the 1090 Brutale's, I mean the "out of round sprocket's".
520 sprockets are available all over the place for your bike.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John;

sprocket manufacturers make sprockets for 40 bikes i've never heard of, but not MV......in fucked up pdf files

http://sprocketcenter.com/index.php/street-sprocket-applications/mv-agusta/1090r-brutale-2009-2013.html

if they can't help you, give me a call, the local Parts Unlimited rep is a friend

The one in that link will work fine for me. I assume Brutale & F4 fit the same?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Contact Brian owner of Drive system, I bought a lot of Afam 520/525 sprocket, DID from him for my Duc, F4, hope he can help you get back on the road soon.
http://www.drivesystemsusa.com/g/5544/contact-us.html
These are the guys my dealership is ordering from. They claim they're back ordered, apparently for a LONG time.

If 2010+ & pre 2010 are the same fitment (can anyone confirm this?), then there are lots of options.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
John, it's been well documented by a couple of guys on the 1090 Brutale's, I mean the "out of round sprocket's".
520 sprockets are available all over the place for your bike.
Funny, they tell me I'm the only one they've heard of.
But if that were the case why the back ordered situation?

P.S. I've never mastered the Multi Quote

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Funny, they tell me I'm the only one they've heard of.
But if that were the case why the back ordered situation?

P.S. I've never mastered the Multi Quote
I can't speak for your dealer mate, there's far better options right here on the forum.
Just saying.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Next question:
I was going to go -1 +1 but as the Knurl pointed out an even number on the front is a bad deal (aside from being very small).
I already have a 120 link chain, will that be long enough for me to keep the stock front and add 4 in the rear?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
These are the guys my dealership is ordering from. They claim they're back ordered, apparently for a LONG time.

If 2010+ & pre 2010 are the same fitment (can anyone confirm this?), then there are lots of options.
most dealer have to go throw him for all Afam and DID, if you can confirm 2007-2009 will fit your bike then a lot cool guys here can you as well

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Next question:
I was going to go -1 +1 but as the Knurl pointed out an even number on the front is a bad deal (aside from being very small).
I already have a 120 link chain, will that be long enough for me to keep the stock front and add 4 in the rear?
120 link is plenty long enough.

Look John I can't put money on it (none left) but I bought a 42 and 43 rear from a forum member, which was intended for his Y12 RR, identical to my 06 R sprockets.
I can't help you with the front though.

Try Andre at Startwin Trading maybe ?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Look John I can't put money on it (none left) but I bought a 42 and 43 rear from a forum member, which was intended for his Y12 RR, identical to my 06 R sprockets.

Thanks!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
John;

So I talked to the guys at Sprocket center and they say they only have (1) a 40tooth. He called his supplier and no deal.
He also says "no Idea when". :wtf:
Very friendly and said feel free to call back every few weeks.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Only stock replacement.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So far no response from forum vendors. Maybe on Holiday? Maybe I'm black listed???
This is way harder than I thought. I may be giving you that call.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts