MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

A week ago I bought a 2013 1090RR on Craigslist. Been riding for 10 years (mostly track for past few years), and the Brutale is the most fun I've had on a bike.

Everything was going great up until I ran out of gas on the freeway a few days ago. The low fuel light works/lights up on the startup tests, and it never came on while I was riding. Gas level in the tank was about 2 inches from the bottom still. All electronics still worked, fuel pump primed, starter kicked over fine, but she wouldn't start back up. A friend brought a gallon of gas over and she started right up immediately after priming the pump. Not sure if it was just me, but the fuel delivery seemed a bit sputtery though. After filling the gas tank up all the way, she was running perfectly fine again.

Has anyone else ever seen this? I tried searching and see known issues with the hoses and fuel pump connectors, but nothing quite in line with what happened to me.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Not experienced that, fuel gauge seems pretty accurate and have done 30miles so far when the light comes on and still got a couple of litres in it

not much help, but your experience does not seem "normal" to me....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Yeah, it's definitely not the gauge. It appears that no fuel is making it to the pump when the tank has about 2 inches of fuel left from the bottom (before reserve). I'm leaning towards a clog somewhere, but hoping to see if anyone might have seen this before I start taking apart the gas tank. Thanks again for your input.

·
Super Moderator
22,472 Posts
2 inches of fuel left from the bottom is well below when the reserve light should have been acutated by the thermistor. The suction of the pump is slightly above the pump flange. The capacity of the tank is 19L with a 4L reserve.

I would be checking my level light thermistor function.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 inches of fuel left from the bottom is well below when the reserve light should have been acutated by the thermistor. The suction of the pump is slightly above the pump flange. The capacity of the tank is 19L with a 4L reserve.

I would be checking my level light thermistor function.
Thank you very much for the tip! I was initially thinking a clogged fuel filter or bad hose, but didn't know the suction is above the pump flange. With this in mind, it does sound like it really did just run out of gas and something is wrong with the low fuel indicator/sensor. Thanks again for helping out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts