MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, went for a ride on my bike for only the second time; put on 20 miles since I drove it away from the dealership. It seems I am experiencing the fuel leakage problem; spraying fuel on the engine. It appears to be coming from just under the tank. I downloaded the workshop manual and order the recommended parts from the FAQ site. I am not all that mechanically inclined but, I am going to give thus one a go since the nearest MV Agusta dealer is in Tampa. Wish me luck!
:ahhh:

·
Registered
246 Posts
That sucks!!!! I'm sure JamesC has some words for you as he seems to be the MV Agusta Guru and he allways has a solution :yo: he is amazing!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Post up if you have any questions. It's not too hard.

I'd drain the tank best you can first. Get some clear hose from a hardware store and suck a little to start a syphon and drain into a gas can.

It's been a while but I think this should be the basics...

remove the seats

remove tank bolt under main seat

remove the side panels under the tank, one side pops out (back side?) and then they slide off.

loosen bolts on sides of tanks with arm that braces against the frame.

remove two bolts in key / ignition plate

I think that's about it. Wiggle the tank straight up, it should be loose and slide out. The two hoses will be connected to the bottom of the tank. Move the slides on the fittings to remove the quick release pieces. Likely one of these are broken, probably one of the male fittings on the hose.

Replace the fittings.

·
Registered
304 Posts
WWBrutale said:
Well, went for a ride on my bike for only the second time; put on 20 miles since I drove it away from the dealership. It seems I am experiencing the fuel leakage problem; spraying fuel on the engine. It appears to be coming from just under the tank. I downloaded the workshop manual and order the recommended parts from the FAQ site. I am not all that mechanically inclined but, I am going to give thus one a go since the nearest MV Agusta dealer is in Tampa. Wish me luck!
:ahhh:

is this 750? how many miles in total?

btw, my dealer actually sent van to pick up my bike, after it started to leak oil... so you might ask your dealed to do the same. warrantly should cover cost of transporting the bike to dealership.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice, I will defintely post if I have any questions along the way.

The bike is an 04 with 420 miles. I bought it used from a triumph/ducati dealer here in Orlando. It is in mint condition, but no warranty. I was a little nervous buying an almost 3 year old premium italian bike with no warranty but the Brutales seem to have a good reliability reputation and I was hoping to get a little lucky I guess. So much for that.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
WWBrutale do you have any way to get the bike to Tampa? I'll be there Thurs night and would be happy to help you. I can bring a spare set of quick connects if needed but they will be the same cpc plastic one's I keep on the side?

For that matter, if you can get the bike to Tampa say on Sunday or next week I could bring the exhaust analyzer and throttle body sync tools to get the bike sorted and maybe baselined for you. I'd rather not tear it down for valve checks though for fear of oil leaks without new gaskets on hand :)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
i had this happen on my f4 - fuel spraying out of the fuel connection under the tank.

in my particular case the o-rings in the connector were bad. it was my own fault as i was a little aggressive when i pluged the connectors back together and i pinched the o-ring, nicking it and causing the leak.

i replaced the o-ring and all was well again.

alex

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oohhh Man James, you are a kind soul. I may be able to get it to Tampa this weekend. I am not sure but, it sure sounds like it would be a huge benefit for me. Let me talk to my boss(wife) and I will reply as soon as I know. What days/times are particularly good for you?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for the two posts but, I also wanted to say that I have the necessary parts. Also, what would I owe you? Money, food, beer?

·
Registered
78 Posts
JamesC said:
Let me get the family schedule. I'll PM you my details for time arrangements. There is no 'owe' involved, I'll be on vacation with plenty of time for the beach.
This is a great example of what this forum is about. This is a helluva nice offer.

Alan

·
Registered
422 Posts
WWBrutale said:
Sorry for the two posts but, I also wanted to say that I have the necessary parts. Also, what would I owe you? Money, food, beer?
He'll also work for many Kettle One screwdrivers LOL

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts
Gladio said:
Post up if you have any questions. It's not too hard.

I'd drain the tank best you can first. Get some clear hose from a hardware store and suck a little to start a syphon and drain into a gas can.

It's been a while but I think this should be the basics...

remove the seats

remove tank bolt under main seat

remove the side panels under the tank, one side pops out (back side?) and then they slide off.

loosen bolts on sides of tanks with arm that braces against the frame.

remove two bolts in key / ignition plate

I think that's about it. Wiggle the tank straight up, it should be loose and slide out. The two hoses will be connected to the bottom of the tank. Move the slides on the fittings to remove the quick release pieces. Likely one of these are broken, probably one of the male fittings on the hose.

Replace the fittings.
You are FANTASTIC!!!!!
+1 for resolution!
pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
pigiolino said:
This Forum is a........family!!!
Thanks Alvin! :)
pier
and compliments for JAMES C

Oops Pier you said the F word :ahhh:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts