MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously. Ouch. I was working in the garage in my bare feet, and I took a full step and as my right foot was swinging forward at full speed, I slammed it into the handle of one of my Pit Bull stands...

So, its been ten minutes, the thing is all swelled up despite my ice-pack, and now it is turning blackish-purple, its the one to the left of my little piggy, on the right foot.

I was told once in school that all you can do is ice it, and tape it to the next toe over...Any other ideas?

Any MD's in the house? (Besides Peter, he's selling his Tambo so I can't take his advice, he's lost his mind).

Note to self...SHOES in the garage is a great idea...

Any help would be appreciated, I am applying Bacardi to my tongue to ease the pain, but that will only last til morning.

Thanks,

Griff
twoeleven

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Here is what I found............

What causes a toe to break (fracture), and what are the symptoms?
You may break one of your toes by stubbing it, dropping something on it, or bending it. A hairline crack (stress fracture) may occur after a sudden increase in activity, such as increased running or walking.

Symptoms of a broken toe may include:

A snap or pop at the time of the injury.
Pain that is worse when the toe is moved or touched.
Swelling and bruising.
Possible deformity (not just swelling), such as a toe pointing in the wrong direction or that is twisted out of normal position. A dislocated toe can also look deformed.
Decreased movement or movement that causes pain.
How is a broken toe diagnosed?
A broken toe is diagnosed through a physical examination. Your health professional will look for swelling, purple or black and blue spots, and tenderness. An X-ray may be needed to determine whether the toe is broken or dislocated.

How is it treated?
Home care after breaking a toe includes applying ice, elevating the foot, and rest. Medical treatment for a broken toe depends on which toe is broken, where in the toe the break is, and the severity of the break. In many cases, your doctor may recommend that a broken toe be "buddy-taped" to the uninjured toe next to it with padding in between the toes. The injured toe may need to be buddy-taped for 2 to 4 weeks to heal. A stiff-soled shoe may be helpful in protecting the injured toe.

In rare cases, other treatment may be needed, including:

Protecting the toe from additional injury. This may include using splints to stabilize the toe, a short leg cast, or a brace.
Surgery, if the break is severe.
Medical treatment is needed more often for a broken big toe than for the other toes. An untreated fracture may cause long-term pain, limited movement, and deformity.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Griff .... that SUCKS!!! You're right, there's not much you can do for a mangled toe, and it does hurt like hell.

Your current idea of medication is likely to work .... temporarily. Go see the doc tomorrow to get some of those pain pills that make you feel warm and fuzzy.

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dark, I was reading the same...It left out the Bacardi part, but Dr. Grand has OK'd my home remedy. Luckily, it isn't my shifting foot, so I shall continue prepping for my Saturday morning sortie.

Thanks for the advice, and I have just added a second dose of Bacardi, as the little bastard sure hurts big for such a little digit.

Stupid, STUPID, STOOOPID!

:banghead:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I bet yr HOPPING mad mate! Sorry Griff, couldn't resist that:stickpoke

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
damn, that sucks. i remember when i broke my hand (boxer's fracture). that hurt like a SOB! i agree with G.Rand. get some pills!

·
Registered
236 Posts
in the bush here in Oz if a guy breaks his toe he just keeps his boots on for two or three weeks.:idea:
I can't vouch for the smell, but it is effective...
Hope it gets better.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
ouch

id apply Bacardi for the next 2 or 3 days!

wait until tomorrow, more pain and bruising

you could try sueing but you may not have a leg/foot to stand on:naughty:

seriously: its done so use the time to relax and chill

open a beer to go with the bacardi

enjoy!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Bad luck Griff.

I did the same thing training in the gym without shoes. You can't do much about it.......except wear shoes next time:loser::stickpoke

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Go for a ride.
You don`t nee the rear break anyhow.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Griff: I'm not a doctor, but I have played one on TV....Does that work? Anyway, here's my suggestion: Sell that ugly ass Tambo cheap (to me), and the pain in your toe will immediately be replaced by the pain in your head for selling your Tambo. Problem solved......

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Griff: I'm not a doctor, but I have played one on TV....Does that work? Anyway, here's my suggestion: Sell that ugly ass Tambo cheap (to me), and the pain in your toe will immediately be replaced by the pain in your head for selling your Tambo. Problem solved......
...But then I'd lose my whores! :naughty:

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
861 Posts
i usually break my big toe nail and cause it to bleed and bruise under the nail you must have really whacked it i hope you feel better the bacardi remedy is one of my favorites

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Opsss... sorry to hear that.
Now go kick Peter's nuts for selling his Tambo. :nutkick: No.. wait!! :toothless

Get well soon.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts