MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 312rr that has recently been opened up for some maintenance and assembled back together at an mv dealership. Just gaskets and bearings, nothing much.
They assured me everything was ok.

However, now it makes a different engine noise. When reving it higher, say after 9k rpm, it does not maintain a constant pitch when the rpm is contant. The pitch (engine sound/tone) oscilates around the pitch. Like a wobbling sound, with high frequency but low enough that you can notice it.
It doesnt do this in neutral, so i cant record an audio sample. Does anyone know what this might be?

Wanted to run this by you guys first before being the guy calling the dealership saying my bike is making a funny noise...

·
Administrator
20,762 Posts
Your drive chain???

·
Registered
14,678 Posts
What bearings?????
What year......I know they're big questions

·
Super Moderator
22,850 Posts
The 1078 was a 2009 model.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Bearings and seals on the water pump. What year is the bike? They only made the 1078 in 2009 and 2010 i think
In 2008 and 2009. And not many in 2009.
I refer to actual calendar years and not the crazy model years system that some countries apply.

·
Administrator
20,762 Posts
In 2008 and 2009. And not many in 2009.
I refer to actual calendar years and not the crazy model years system that some countries apply.
Model year is not "crazy"....most manufacturers start next years production mid-way through the current year...actually ALL manufacturers do. Ford, General Motors, Honda, Fiat, Suzuki, Yamaha,...and MV Agusta.

So just because the date of manufacture on the VIN plate may say September 2007 (for example)that does NOT make it a 2007 year model.....The VIN year model designation character determines the year model. Period.

Now it is true that most of the modern era first generation MV Agusta bikes were sold in the USA a year after they were sold in other countries. So what I purchased as a 2008 910R is a 2007 everywhere else in the world. And my 2004 SPR F4 is considered a 2003 everywhere else .... but the VIN numbers year designator say they are 2008 and 2004 respectively.
I do believe this all changed with the second generation of modern era MVs, so now a 2010 in the USA is the same as everywhere else in the world.

Or maybe I'm crazy.....

·
Administrator
20,762 Posts
getting a little off track here guys, haha
It happens.... :rolleyes:
So, did you check your drive chain for kinks/tight spots??? Is the chain adjusted too tight??

I doubt this is internal engine, and certainly not your new water pump bearings..... Since it is only while the rear wheel is in motion, that is where I would be searching.

Reactions: Figifister

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Model year is not "crazy"....most manufacturers start next years production mid-way through the current year...actually ALL manufacturers do. Ford, General Motors, Honda, Fiat, Suzuki, Yamaha,...and MV Agusta.

So just because the date of manufacture on the VIN plate may say September 2007 (for example)that does NOT make it a 2007 year model.....The VIN year model designation character determines the year model. Period.

Now it is true that most of the modern era first generation MV Agusta bikes were sold in the USA a year after they were sold in other countries. So what I purchased as a 2008 910R is a 2007 everywhere else in the world. And my 2004 SPR F4 is considered a 2003 everywhere else .... but the VIN numbers year designator say they are 2008 and 2004 respectively.
I do believe this all changed with the second generation of modern era MVs, so now a 2010 in the USA is the same as everywhere else in the world.

Or maybe I'm crazy.....
A little more off track lol
Well in the end it's all opinions, right? Mine is simple. We already have a calendar system. And then you have when the bike is actually built within that system. And that's the year. All the rest is simply adding commercial value to it for obvious reasons.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts