MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone notice that the stock exhaust has different diameter holes on the exit pipes? the inside ones are smaller than the outboard ones. just a guess, but the diameter is about 1/3 less.

i was wondering why...

my guess is that it was done for sound. tamburini wanted to make absolutely certain that the f4 didn't sound like a japanese bike.

any other thoughts?

alex

ps - is the pipe ID for the motorcorse exhaust the same for all four exit pipes?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Alex, yes the stock system is restricted as you explained. The RG3's and Motocorse system are full bore all the way. Same size on all 4.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
My guess is that the length of the pipes is not the same and to get the same airflow contrapressure the diameter should be different....... Saying that I see that the long pipes have the small diameter... so is what I say not correct.... okay... I don't know :later:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Maximum Velocity said:
My guess is that the length of the pipes is not the same and to get the same airflow contrapressure the diameter should be different....... Saying that I see that the long pipes have the small diameter... so is what I say not correct.... okay... I don't know :later:
That was my guess.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
That's a clean, mean, rear end view awiner. The LEDS in the vents really tidy the back end up. Nice one.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
awiner said:
Alex, yes the stock system is restricted as you explained. The RG3's and Motocorse system are full bore all the way. Same size on all 4.
The RG3´s have also different diameters - only bigger as the stock system. The Casoli modified endpipes have the same diameter every 4 - and also bigger than the biggest RG3 diameter (and much louder of course :devilsmok )

·
Registered
301 Posts
Is this pipe diameter difference on the 1000s?? My 750 SR pipes are all the same. The different diameters look, well like some Jap crap - very cheap IMHO. Maybe it is to do with the different features in the 1000 engine????

Doc

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
DoctorMV said:
Is this pipe diameter difference on the 1000s?? My 750 SR pipes are all the same. The different diameters look, well like some Jap crap - very cheap IMHO. Maybe it is to do with the different features in the 1000 engine????

Doc
They are all the same? :eek:
Please look again - the inner diameters of the four pipes should be different. As altoon said...

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
DoctorMV said:

Doc

As Manuel said, they are all exactly the same parts for 750 <>1000 :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
:bash: :bash: :bash:

Just testing .... :) OK, so I stand corrected..... :wtf:

But the pic posted here really does over exaggerate the difference quite a lot. I guess it is a perspective thing. In reality, the difference is almost unnoticeable. Perhaps the fact that my pipes are not shinny silver/chrome but a bronzed/titanium finish makes them look more even.

:blush:

Doc

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Maybe this pic gives a better perspective.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that's a good photo.

i suspect the flow from the exits is different too. at idle, i can feel more pressure from the larger diameter exits.

on another note, notice the baffling in the exit tubes. i suspect that there is some sound reduction through the exit tubes. so, if the exit tubes are replaced, say using the factory kit, is the sound a lot different? anyone done it?

alex

·
Registered
375 Posts
Here is a picture of the Motocorse Titanium F1 exhaust with the brightness turned up. You can see the inside diameters are the same in all four pipes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Standard exhaust (courtesty preston/yahoogroups)

Another with RG3 vs standard

I can't find my RG3 on the bike looking through tips but here is my Titanium

Sorry, I won't be hacking up my Ti to show it's innards :laughing:

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
i gotta wonder about you guys with all these closeup bunghole shots!! what are you...closet freaks or something. :naughty: :laughing: :later:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
JamesC said:
What is that? Do you mean the tip kit SPS0004014?
I'm not sure myself. I was told by the bike shop they were RG3's and when I told them they weren't they rang the owner who said to them they have been RG3/race modified (with chip) by an interstate company. I've been meaning to try and contact the previous owner and the company that did the modifications to find out more but just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll pull my finger out and see what I can find out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts