MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Looks like a nice find....make sure you maintain the correct polarity when swapping batteries...and get all the leads connected correctly!

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
350+ CCA and 8lbs lighter than stock. I do like the technology behind it.
Gotta call BS on that as the Yuasa YTZ10S weighs in at 7 lbs.....

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I posted with very good intentions......and get jumped. At 52 years old I feel the kid games are over

·
Registered
619 Posts
Try another link or tell us the brand of battery.
Battery posts can be "interesting".
Most lithium Iron batts are about 1.7 lbs (.77 kilo) vs lead acid @ 7 lbs (3.1+ kilo).
Must be typo in literature, 8 vs 6.
No one is busting on you, just checking.

Ed :)

·
Administrator
19,521 Posts
Tony....chin up, no apologies needed.

What battery did you get? You edited out the info???

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Donsy, what fun would you guys have if there weren't errant and redundant threads to move around :) Oh, for some reason I can't see anthing concerning the battery in mention within the first post, was it editted, lost or hijacked?

Edit: Never mind, it popped up.

Personally I just don't trust the Li batteries enough to justify using one outside of racing application, where shedding the weight really matters. being in a cold environment also makes me lean away from them.

I've had a lot of power tools with Li battery packs that die in days if not constantly on charge and am not completely sold that the larger applications would hold up much better for me.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
This is what got to me......

Oh my soul, another battery thread, starting to sound like the oil and tyre episode's. Nobody takes the time to do a search or just read anymore.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...t=77218&page=2
Sorry if I upset you mate, but I was serious, if you just scrolled to page 2 in the Maint section you would have seen that post I mentioned. Sometimes you learn a lot more by scrolling through all these other things that pop up. Anyway, it doesn't mean we decided not to help you, no games played when someone needs help mate.

Donsy, what fun would you guys have if there weren't errant and redundant threads to move around :) Oh, for some reason I can't see anthing concerning the battery in mention within the first post, was it editted, lost or hijacked?

Edit: Never mind, it popped up.

Personally I just don't trust the Li batteries enough to justify using one outside of racing application, where shedding the weight really matters. being in a cold environment also makes me lean away from them.

I've had a lot of power tools with Li battery packs that die in days if not constantly on charge and am not completely sold that the larger applications would hold up much better for me.
The Li based batteries used on Power tools are not the same us these used in bikes.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
They don't state how many cells that battery has. I run a 12 cell A123 systems pack. If that pack has 12 cells then it's very much worth it. But if it's only 8 cells then it's a bit overpriced.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got it this morning, put in my 2005 Polaris quad twin 800......fired right up. I can't believe it's power. This might be they key to our Solar/LED house lighting.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Give us a break-down of the battery: cells, CCA, etc.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts