MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a F4 2010 and the orange/red light that comes on when the ignition is turned off and which goes off once the engine is running- this light remains on in my bike.
what does it mean?

thanks for any feedback.

·
Super Moderator
22,347 Posts
@Elefant900: What was done to the bike prior to the phenomenon?

·
Administrator
19,853 Posts
Oil pressure? Charging system? Which light?

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Mine is newer but if it's the same it's the "warning" light and it stays on. My understanding is it's normal and not an issue as long as it goes off when you start the bike. Someone with your MY may have another opinion.

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,853 Posts
Is it the immobilizer???

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly the light in the picture by fingertight!
Light stays on....what does it mean...fuse, side stand, light bulb burtout....

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
If it's lile thw orange light on the Brutale, it may be a general fault light. I've had mine on due to low voltage and also for the exhaust valve. If you have the stock exhaust, make sure the exhaust valve works freely.

·
Administrator
19,853 Posts
Perhaps the owner's manual holds the answer......do you have an owner's manual?

·
Super Moderator
22,347 Posts
Is that light on with the key in and OFF?

Is that light on with the key in and ON?

Is that light on with the key in and the bike RUNNING?

Is that light on with the key OUT?

·
Premium Member
818 Posts

I think specifically it is the rev limiter warning light. For me the key is out as you can see from the picture but it's on when the key is in and not running. He said it goes off when the bike is running which it should. It does eventually go off on mine, I just haven't waited around to see how long it takes. I was told there is nothing wrong with the bike so nothing to worry about. I don't know if that was bad intell but I haven't had any issues related to that light.

·
Super Moderator
22,347 Posts
This leaves me wondering if the light simply indicates the key is recognized by the bike.

All of the Brutale 1090 manuals I have read show that series of lights as the rev Limiter indication.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've asked so often what those lights indicate. Some sources say it's rev limiter. Some sources say warning lights. But never got a straight answer.

Sometimes when I'm riding, the "orange" light will flash occasionally The thing is I was no where near rev limit. Misfire? Electrical issue? Still don't know. I do know now. my one igniter was malfunctioning, and am replacing it. Will it still flash when I ride, I remain to see.

·
Super Moderator
22,347 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hi

The picture below is from the quick guide that came with my 2013 F4RR and shows the left-most of the three small lights as the rev limit warning (comes on at 10,800). The right-most light on my bike flashes for a while when the bike is switched off, not sure how long for, I've always assumed it is the immobilizer light but looking through all the manuals I have none of them confirm this. Hmmmm.

Oddly, or maybe not, the other books that came with the bike show the right-most of the three small lights as the rev warning light.

Welcome to Italy.

Tony

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,347 Posts
If you read through what happens when your key is activated, it is in the manuals, there is a sequences the system goes through. I also read through the immobilizer explanation of function and it mentions no lights. Of course, these are Italians.

Now the rev limiter, I am assuming here, should sequentially turn on the three lights, yes?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Could ot be like the flashing red light on the Brutale when the key os off after a ride? Stays on for a long time, then shuts off if not used again. Think it is the immobilizer to ward people off.

I love how all the illustrations show what one of the 3 small lights are for and the 2 different pictures have the same explaination for the left and right of the 3. For revs on my Brutale, the yellow comes on and then the red when it REALLY wants me to shift.

·
Super Moderator
22,347 Posts

@Elefant900: could you please play along and answer the above questions?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Orange Warning Light !

HI All,

Thanks to all the members for explaining the different lights particularly between 2010 - 13.

Having recently clocked up 25,000 klms on my ride (MY10), I have noticed that the middle light comes on when riding after 10 - 15 Mins.

When light has appeared I have pulled over, turned off ignition and back on, light goes away.
No menu issues on dash during system check prior to restarting.

Ride for another 10 - 15 mins light comes on again.
No error messages are displayed on dash apart for the light coming on mid ride.
I have checked fuses and relays which are all fine. No performance issues or surges noticed when light comes on either.

Would appreciate an advice from the forum on this one.

I have attached an image for reference.

Kind Regards.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Orange Warning Light Gone

Hi All,

Well many thanks to all on the forum, after a bit of tinkering and the great assistance of HealTech Exhaust Servo (Product ID: 1091496, Manufacturer Part#: ESE-A01, https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/ese/ ). Scrap one Mikuni Exhaust Servo. No more waning light and even think the bit of a surge at 5500-6500 rpm has gone. Just taken for a great run and fitted new sprockets and DID 525 Chain running very sweet again. All ready for the weather to warm up.

Regards,

1 - 20 of 21 Posts