735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6:45/7ish any suggestions as to where?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
i'd love too...

but my bike is still in pieces!
nothing is wrong, just taking my time with the reassembly after checking the valve lash clearance,

and replacing the hydraulic fluids (brakes f/r, clutch)
and doing the TPS check
and checking/adjusting the CO
and a throttle body synch
and a bunch of inspections...

wonder what all that would have cost at the dealership? :eek:

should have her back together soon!

alex

·
Registered
479 Posts
Man, it's sucked.

Other than costing like $1200 in various fees (which is already paid, and the bike is in my name now), I have to get:

1. Vin inspection
  2. brake and lamp inspection
  3. another signed milage cert
  4. ...I think there's something else too, but can't remember right now
I took it down for the VIN, and we couldn't find the number on the motor. Neither the DMV lady or I. I asked the guys at Pro Italia recently when I was placing an order and they told me it's on the rear of the crankcase. Haven't actually gone out to look.

I sent the new milage cert out to the previous owner with a SASE...but either he lagged sending it out to me, and it went to my last house, or he never sent it. My GF is going to stop in our old place and see if she can find it in the box.

Brake and lamp can happen anytime.

The bike's mine, and the title is good (other than needing this documentation) and everything, I just don't have a plate for it.

I've been so busy with the move, and haven't been riding it on the street, so I just kinda forgot about it until I wanted to go for a ride over the weekend.

I had a temp reg card, but it's now expired. I think I can go get one more and then that's it.

Hey, you get an MV real cheap, you know there's gonna be a reason...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts