MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question...I'm getting ready to list and sell my '08 orange and black Brutale. Only 29 were made in this color. The bike has always been garaged, was just serviced by an MV dealer, and has 790 actual miles. I'm the original owner and don't have time to ride all I have.

What's it really worth?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Hi there, firstly it would be helpful to confirm which model Brutale. I'm going to take a guess and say it is the 989r as this was produced in '08 and to my knowledge, the only model produced in that colour.

I'm not sure who told you there were only 29 made in this colour ? We have a few 989r's in Orange in NZ - I'm not saying it's not unique, but pretty sure they produced more than 29 globally.

I wouldn't like to put a price on it...simply too many variables as it's really competing against the 910r buyer.

Good luck

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
22,487 Posts

·
Administrator
20,072 Posts
Hey @GasCitySmitty where ya been??

The 2008 910S Brutale in Orange is a much better looking bike than the later 989 model in my opinion. I believe it is a different shade of orange.

There were only 29 Orange 910S imported into the USA? I remember it was only 25, according to the then sales manager for MV USA, but my memory is getting poor.
There were 45 White 910Rs imported to the USA, many more of the Black, making the Orange a relatively very rare bike in this country.

I really like the look of the Orange 910S. One of the best looking Brutales in my opinion. Unfortunately, the value is not based on rarity. Even with low miles and perfect condition the going rate is much less than I would like to see.

Very nice 910 Brutales have been listed in the $6k range and lower. To get a premium for that rare orange 910S will require waiting for the right buyer to find you. The fact that it is a "S" and not a "R" doesn't help.

Just keep it.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
i bought my 2008 910s in orange last year at around 6500 if i recall correctly. problem i had was getting valuation on it, actually went to a mv dealer to have them "appraise it", which they basically gave me the amount i needed for the loan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts