1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
20,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
601 Posts
He's asking 11k for a 1,500 mile bike. He probably paid 14.5k or less so it is not a "gift" and I would say in this mkt it sounds more like a fair number.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
The guy in CA selling the '07 910R didn't get $10,500. Is the '08 a continuation of the 910R or is it a step back to the '06 spec bike?

CAG

·
Registered
756 Posts
I think it's a step back to the '06 spec. I would say that the $11k is a retail number. Carl, you are the best gauge, but I think the market is very soft. How about Vlad's 910 in TX...that silver one with a lot of goodies. I forget where that traded...but it was an eye opener:wtf:

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I try and use actual selling prices as a gauge. I know a 2007 Senna in excellent condition is worth around $18,000. I know a 2005 AGO is worth less. If you can't sell a 2007 910R with 4000 miles and both exhausts, Rizoma rear sets and some other stuff for $10,500, what is an 05 or 06 Brutale worth. A lot less is my guess.

It seems, and this is more of a casual observation than actual study, that if you slice 30% off the msrp of '07 and later, and 45% off '06 and earlier, you are in the right neighborhood.

CAG

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yes, the market is very soft. Four months ago, I purchased my NEW 08 910 for $11,800 out the door. It was their last 08 & I simply asked for the rock bottom price...I heard myself say YES before the pleasure center of my brain could even process the information!

·
Administrator
20,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AHHH...but this is one of the 35 or so ORANGE 910s.....in the US.

I think that is a pretty good price for a really sharp looking bike. Yes, it is the dreaded Euro3 spec, though, so a little harder to modify exhaust and tuning....and 1500 miles, Yes, but sounds like it was a properly done 1500 so the break in is taken care of......And have you seen the Orange bike in person? Almost as good looking as my White/Black Gina (almost). :smoking:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yes, the market is very soft. Four months ago, I purchased my NEW 08 910 for $11,800 out the door. It was their last 08 & I simply asked for the rock bottom price...I heard myself say YES before the pleasure center of my brain could even process the information!
I paid more for my new 08 last week, but it included a seat, tail chop and 600 mile service. I wince a bit when I hear the prices others are getting 08's for, but I don't think about it at all when I'm riding!

·
Registered
322 Posts
I paid more for my new 08 last week, but it included a seat, tail chop and 600 mile service. I wince a bit when I hear the prices others are getting 08's for, but I don't think about it at all when I'm riding!
What kind of seat did yours come with, and what's a tail chop? Was your dealer honest and include the rear stand, cover & trickle charger with your purchase? If not, better ask before it's too late.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
What kind of seat did yours come with, and what's a tail chop? Was your dealer honest and include the rear stand, cover & trickle charger with your purchase? If not, better ask before it's too late.
Came with the stock and a new corbin. tail chop = plate relocator.

They included the stand, but not the charger or cover.....

·
Registered
322 Posts
Came with the stock and a new corbin. tail chop = plate relocator.

They included the stand, but not the charger or cover.....
Nice extra's, have you compared the Corbin to the stocker yet? If I were you, I'd still ask for the cover...it's very, very nice & pricey if you were to purchase one.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have the orange myself with less than 1500 miles and 600 mile service done by local dealer ... and I think I wont get that kind of money for it, so I am being realistic. I also have a Flat Black F4 which is also unique colorwise as the orange Brutale ... but it is never that unique as to bump the price off the market. My thought .... (though I wish I was wrong as I own both bikes)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nice extra's, have you compared the Corbin to the stocker yet? If I were you, I'd still ask for the cover...it's very, very nice & pricey if you were to purchase one.

The seat is on backorder, so I haven't had a chance to try it yet.
And I just spoke with the dealer, who claims that only the limited edition 910s came with a cover??

·
Registered
322 Posts
The seat is on backorder, so I haven't had a chance to try it yet.
And I just spoke with the dealer, who claims that only the limited edition 910s came with a cover??
My 910S came with the stand, cover & battery tender, and it isn't a limited edition bike. From what I've read on this forum, it's about 50/50 on the cover & charger, most everybody receives the rear stand. I think your dealer isn't being straight up with you.

Let me know what you think of the seat when you get it.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts