MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a 1 pc. track suit. I have read that the kangaroo leather is lighter and has more abrasion resistance, and is supposed to be a bit more supple than cowhide. Is it really that much better than cowhide? Does anyone here have any experience with roo suits, or offer any suggestions I might consider when selecting a suit?
So far, I am attracted to the Spidi suit line (cowhide), but am open to suggestions.
Thanks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes..get a jacket from elephant penis skin! If you you rub it hard, it becomes a suit!
Else get a Dainese Suit, best quality i have tried.

R.

Johnni

·
Registered
175 Posts
OK, seriously now, I believe California has prohibited the sale/import of kangaroo suits. Is that still true? I've seen MotoGP kangaroo suits on kneedraggers.com and elsewhere for pretty low prices relative to AStars or Dainese, however I don't know if they'll ship to CA.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have $350 dollar 2 peice Joe Rocket suit for the past 4 years....

it's stiff and heavy, and has lot of armor. but that's what I want to have in case of unplanned ejection.

oh.. and I tested the suits crash resistance already... worked like a charm!!!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Johnnie said:
Yes..get a jacket from elephant penis skin! If you you rub it hard, it becomes a suit!
Else get a Dainese Suit, best quality i have tried.

R.

Johnni
Have you experience of that.... ? hmmm...interesting... :naughty:

By the way, I have heard, that the best suites are made of kangaroo leather :hump:

·
Registered
375 Posts
I wear a 1 piece MotoGP Kangaroo suit. LOVE IT ! MUCH MUCH lighter than cow hide.

I bought it on-line and the store sent it to me in California. The manufacture can not deliver it to California (and one other state) at this time.

However, the store or 'supplier' can.

Kangaroo is more abrasion resistant than cowhide. Therefore roo suits are made a bit thiner which is why they are also much less weight.

Roo doesn't breath as easily because the pores are smaller, however, my MOTOGP suit is slightly perforated so I don't notice any problems with breathability.

I wear the suit year round. Highly recommended.

Look on Ebay and you can find some great deals on the MotoGP roo suits.

When I bought mine, before price increases, I paid about $600 shipped to my door.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
I own both a 1-piece Teknic, and a 1-piece Dainese...For what I paid for the Dainese, I could have got two more Teknics, but the Dainese is flawless. The detail, quality, and features are far superior, and I have no regrets at all.

Both are cowhide, no experience with the hoppers.

Griff
twoeleven

1 - 9 of 9 Posts