MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I'm brand new to the forum. I'm from Ireland but I'm living in Germany and am so so so close to purchasing an F4 750. I'm really keen on the black one but the silver one is quite a bit cheaper, 2000 euro in fact. But what's the story with plain silver? Has it been resprayed or what do you guys reckon? Your valued opinions would be greatly appreciated.
I hope these links work.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Welcome ! Look at the miles, check for crash damage and look for extras (carbon etc.) Don't buy someone elses problems. Other than that criteria, buy the one you like

·
Registered
548 Posts
IF the black one is an SPR, and there is only $2000 euro difference, the SPR could be a great deal!

However an SPR has a white faced speedo
so not hopeful...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Mv did have an all siver version called dimante.This was a 750 model ,i think a 02 model.But this photo of the silver bike is missing the stickers on the fairings.And the black bike could have been resprayed aswell.SPR had SPR logos on the fairings and had silver wheels.I would get them checked out to verify they havent been in a accident.

·
Registered
514 Posts
The SPR is a single seater - this one is a two seater. In 06 there was an F4 1000 in this colour. They had a brutale in this colour in 04 also. I don't recall a F4 750 matte black that wasn't a SPR but I'm sure if there is one someone here will know. The silver one could be an 03 -750 but like everyone say's - It's very strange there are no decals.

My money would be on the black one anyway - I think it looks much nicer than the plane silver. Anyway - welcome to the forum - Always good to see an other Irishman on board..

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi beemac!

Any chance you can post some bigger pics? Also, the year of each bike would tell a lot. The early model F4S were single rad, so you're better off going for a later twin rad model, and the last F4S made, the EVO3, is considered the best. As others have said above, the silver definitely looks like it has been resprayed like the diamante, and I'm not sure about the black one, but suspect that it too may have been resprayed. What prices are they listed for? Here's a link to the MV FAQ page which details the differences between the F4S models:

http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/2006/03/model-differences-750-cc-senna-2002.html

Hope this helps - slán! :)

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Welcome aboard!

There is something wrong with both those bikes. This doesn't mean you should not buy them, but you should get a lot more information.

As the guys have already said, start first with paint because the black doesn't belong on that year, and the silver is missing the decals.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I saw that EXACT same F4 on ebay about 2-3 weeks ago. I'm 95% sure in his item information he mentioned that he repainted it silver due to something. I'm sure its not the Diamante. Hope that helps

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
there was a female member here who had a matte black evo model (not SPR). i think it was Flaming? i don't think she had it resprayed either. european bike.

silver one's definitely been sprayed.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
get the black one. whatever it is its a later model than the silver/ diamonte or whatever it's proper name is. the all silver only came out as an evo2 assuming its just been re-painted. the black, if original is at least an Evo 3

whats the ODO say on both?

·
Registered
233 Posts
silver(2002) is listed for 7500eur and black(2003) for 9300eur.You can buy f4 1000 for that money.

There are plenty better choices in mobile.de

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks for all the replies lads. As Ornas correctly said, they are both on mobile.de and are both German bikes. Here are the links to both advertisements on www.mobile.de. It might help some of you guys in determining the authenticity of the bikes. But I'm already very suspect of the silver one. Silver one is 2002 with 9669 kilometers and says that its never been crashed.
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/d...16415479&origin=PARK&pageNumber=1&tabNumber=2

The black one is 2003, has 11300kms and has had the same owner for the last 5 years, never been crashed, and its not an SPR because of the yellow dash. Here's the link.
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/d...14867067&origin=PARK&pageNumber=1&tabNumber=2

I also spotted this 1000 and thought it might be a good buy. Going by the surroundings where it's photo was taken, it comes from a good home. But I prefer matt black. What y'all think?
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/s...rt=NO_EXPORT&customerIdsAsString=&tabNumber=2

By the way, the 1000 has brand new Pirellis fitted onto brand new Brembo wheels, which it seems the owner purchased to make the bike look like the newer models. So he says anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The SPR is a single seater - this one is a two seater. In 06 there was an F4 1000 in this colour. They had a brutale in this colour in 04 also. I don't recall a F4 750 matte black that wasn't a SPR but I'm sure if there is one someone here will know. The silver one could be an 03 -750 but like everyone say's - It's very strange there are no decals.

My money would be on the black one anyway - I think it looks much nicer than the plane silver. Anyway - welcome to the forum - Always good to see an other Irishman on board..
Hi Debrun. As far as your doubts on there being a matte black F4 that wasn't an SPR, I can only add that I did test ride a matt black F4 within the last 3 weeks which was advertised at the side of the road in Germany and it wasn't an SPR. I didn't buy that one because the guy was looking for 11000 euro and it was an 03 too. Thats what I was told anyway.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Buy the F4 1000S...it even has the *correct* color... :smoking:

Seriously....compared to the other two, I would actually say the 1000 sounds like a pretty sweet deal....
correct colour:stickpoke

·
Registered
273 Posts
both bikes are not as should be as spr has silver wheels and as said is a mono and the silver one has no decals think the black one looks the best but would check any idea of years as someone said the black was an evo3 but has grey wheels? have a good look around them

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
both bikes are not as should be as spr has silver wheels and as said is a mono and the silver one has no decals think the black one looks the best but would check any idea of years as someone said the black was an evo3 but has grey wheels? have a good look around them
The black one was first registered in July 2003 which means it could either have been built in 02 or 03, I suppose. I dunno whether that'd make it an Evo 2 or 3. Man, I'm confused. :cry:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts