MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dudes,

Wanted to see what people think of a Kushitani suit I'm thinking of buying. I'm not sure if the pattern is different-weird or different-cool.

Doesn't have the funny hump, either. Maybe I can put my name there instead.

Sale started today, so this is a few hundred bucks cheaper....

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fit is pretty good. gut is a bit tighter than it should be, but that is mostly my fault. The rest is pretty good.

Not ready to splash out on a custom, so this is a reasonable price point for what it is. Actually, it's a good deal, in USD, it's about 1400 from 2200.

if i do it, i may spring a little and put my name on it or something, so i feel special. lol.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Hi Colin,
I'm not 100% on that one. But then again I'm the type of person who has to love it from the very start or I wont buy it. From my experience if you hesitate and start questioning whether its "different-weird" then down the track you may not warm to it, and could end up being just weird.
If you like it....buy it!!! Otherwise maybe wait for the next deal to come along.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went back and tried it on again, with chest protector. still fits, which is nice.

Anyway, the other contenders are RS Taichi. Sale coming up in a week at some store.

regular price of this one is same as sale kushitani:

couple hundred bucks cheaper is this model:

I like the first one better. Likely ~20% off soon I think....

hmmm.....

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go the Kushitani if it's a good fit Colin.

Better without the hump...just like Sir Alan.

SOunds like great value...is it Kangaroo?

Nope, kushitani only does cow. I want to say only japanese cow, but that may not be 100% true.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Nope, kushitani only does cow. I want to say only japanese cow, but that may not be 100% true.
:laughing:

It doesn't look too bad to me, maybe not my first choice but I've always admired kushitani suits.

As long as it fits and is comfortable....lol...and I don't mean when you're walking around or sitting on a chair drinking japanese tea...I mean comfortable on a bike.

Before you buy it, make sure you try it on again and go sit on your bike for 20 minutes (or more)(if you haven't already) :)

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
The RS Taichi's look a lot better imho, and make it difficult to choose between the top and the bottom one. Slight preference for the top one I think.

But........... :jsm:

they still have to fit you (and the stitching quality and the armour should be top notch; it's yóur body)!!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Hi Colin,
I'm not 100% on that one. But then again I'm the type of person who has to love it from the very start or I wont buy it. From my experience if you hesitate and start questioning whether its "different-weird" then down the track you may not warm to it, and could end up being just weird.
If you like it....buy it!!! Otherwise maybe wait for the next deal to come along.

+ 1

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like the first Taichi suit, too. Put my vote on that one.

Thanks for the input guys.

I'll check out the Taichi's when the sale starts....

At the end of the day, they are all off the shelf, so I guess I'm not too bothered. Kushitani would be nice, even though I've got one, a newer one would be cooler.

Kushitani uses this k-foam stuff for elbows and shoulders. I guess it works, it's in all the suits. But the harder armor is what I seem to 'think' is better.... likely all in my head. Mostly the shoulder armor that bothers me with kushitani, seems 'small'.

Anyway, I'm not against having multiple suits.... lol.... getting a custom, or at least customizing off the shelf I'll think about. Like putting my name on it. That's pretty popular here, not sure about the rest of the world.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Kushitani quality is better than Taichi imo. A lot of Taichi stuff comes out of China now unfortunantly :(. A good alternative to the no hump look is the Taichi zero suit, still uses japanese leather.

i say go for it if it fits :yo:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kushitani quality is better than Taichi imo. A lot of Taichi stuff comes out of China now unfortunantly :(. A good alternative to the no hump look is the Taichi zero suit, still uses japanese leather.

i say go for it if it fits :yo:

Yes, these two Taichi ones are not using Japanese leather. Their more expensive ones do, 3-400 more for same style if I remember correctly. I'm not overly fussed for a Taichi with regard to where it is made.

Kushitani also uses China for some stuff. I _believe_ it is for assembly, but don't really know. For suits anyway, I know the high end ones are all made in Japan, the low end ones are not. The one I'm looking at here, I think it is made in Japan, would have to double check. It is priced as though it is made in Japan anyway....

Thanks for the info dude....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts