MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, a couple of you will know who I am, most do not.
I decided that I "may" be letting go of my Senna 1k, that being said, im asking for some help from the super long term members to give me an idea on where to price it. If the consensus on price is low (imo) I will just keep it.
Let me state first that I DO NOT NEED TO SELL, I am just thinking that I would like more garage space, and to be honest I almost never ride it. I purchased my example 3 years ago from Iconic, they had one inbound and I secured the purchase. Upon delivery I decided to go through the whole bike before even riding it. I decided to have the fork seals done and obviously new fluid, oil change, IIRC I did the design Course water pump upgrade, the Mitchy rear hub was done with a new chain and New Dunlop tires. The defat mid pipe was already done upon delivery. And I also installed some Tamburini course goodies were installed like brake resi covers and gas cap. Because it sits most of the time I recently had Pro Italia do an oil change and brake fluid flush and overall check. Because parts are becoming so scarce, I purchased one of the last few known MV clutch service kits including the clutch plates/springs/seals needed for the clutch replacement. I also purchased a new riders seat because the original was looking a bit tattered, and I have an extra new in the packaging.I do have the Grey course stand and the Senna velvet indoor cover. I also have the MV Course programmable ecu for it also, that is still new in the box.
11k miles on the Odometer.

Now the Bad.....Bike wise, Nothing wrong with it. As for the Senna plaque and certificate, I have nothing. After getting the runaround from Iconic I went on the journey to track down my plaque myself and as of now has been futile and non fruitful. I feel this will be the one thing that drops my value, obviously.

So all of that being said, I am open to thoughts on what the value would be. And if I don't feel the prices are in the ballpark, I will just take the bike back to proitalia and have them prep the bike for permanent hibernation, and never ridden again.

Thanks Guys!!

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
I think it will depend on the condition on the bike, ie fairing, bolts, any corrosion on the metal. Stock Senna in great condition with low miles and all the goodies from the factory have brought high prices in the last few months. I would think a good Senna in mostly stock condition could bring 20-25. But, you only need that one buyer who is willing to give a high price for it.

Reactions: Ben D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it will depend on the condition on the bike, ie fairing, bolts, any corrosion on the metal. Stock Senna in great condition with low miles and all the goodies from the factory have brought high prices in the last few months. I would think a good Senna in mostly stock condition could bring 20-25. But, you only need that one buyer who is willing to give a high price for it.

I appreciate your input, fairings are easily a 9.5/10, all the bolts are a 9/10, no corrosion anywhere, frame is 9/10 in terms of the red color and frame spars, all services are up to date and absolutely shows VERY well.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
I would say that you should be in the 20's. But the last two to sell on bring a trailer were over 30. Being that I also own a Senna. I am enjoying seeing the prices go up.

·
Old Wing Nut
22,695 Posts
Just keep it !!! Have you tried running down the original owners by a VIN history search?? If you could get to the original owner you might clear up the number question and have a plaque made.
Love the Senna..... what a gorgeous bike.

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
Sheeese go focus on reading a good book outdoors or something. You keep that bike, you hear? tsk tsk tsk...

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
Okay. 5000 max. When can I pick it up?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts