MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am in the middle of adding a ducati fan- fanzilla mod. aluminum fans and a manual switch, eng ice. Already had newer impeller (Factory not CNC one)

what are people seeing for temp BEFORE this mod? I was observing a hovering 199-200 degrees here in FL. Cutting the engine our and coasting to the lights...(I know I know, but it works)

I used to see 220 in hawaii with the old 312r, that was with samco, engine ice, cnc impeler. but no extra fan.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Really just want to see what you guys see in hotter temp states, being I was in Seattle for years.

·
Formally know as Drew Kelley
84 Posts
My '07 F4-1000 runs in the low to mid 180's in clean air on the hi-way, bumps up 10-15 degrees in hi-speed traffic - it does not like disturbed air.
Surface traffic brings regular 200-210, stop & go will see 230. This is all in regular SoCal summer weather of 75-90 degrees.

·
Administrator
19,855 Posts
Normal operating temperature for any high performance sport bike is 180~210 F.

Japanese and otherwise.

Fans kick in on GSX-Rs at 210 F.

·
Registered
847 Posts
SOFLO Temps

So I am in the middle of adding a ducati fan- fanzilla mod. aluminum fans and a manual switch, eng ice. Already had newer impeller (Factory not CNC one)

what are people seeing for temp BEFORE this mod? I was observing a hovering 199-200 degrees here in FL. Cutting the engine our and coasting to the lights...(I know I know, but it works)

I used to see 220 in hawaii with the old 312r, that was with samco, engine ice, cnc impeler. but no extra fan.
Hi,

Used my MV F4 1078 in SOFLO for about three years. Had the upgraded water impeller, muzzy fans and ICE or Water Wetter coolant (don't remember which?) anyway; before the mods 235 at lights was the norm. Would only stop at red lights and drive on. Rather risk a ticket than let my bike over heat. So after the mods, temp has never risen over 218 even in traffic. Before it would be highly stress full to ride in traffic.

Now I liven PR and the motorcycle is as cool as ever and it is in the 90's here regularly.

Got the impeller installed under warranty as the bike was not even a year old.

James

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I never rode my Senna too much in the hot here in SWFL before doing some cooling mods, but the few times I did, on I-75 at 80mph I was sitting at 195-200... in traffic at lights it would climb up to 225-230 pretty quickly without turning it off. I have since added a 1098 fan, muzzy blades, water wetter (cools better than engine ice and you don't have to worry about it ever freezing here in SWFL), DC race water pump, and am wrapping my header tubes with heat wrap after having them ceramic coated twice and it not holding up. Right now (the tubes aren't wrapped yet) I can cruise (moving at 45mph+) at 180 pretty easily, it gets above 200 in traffic, but the 3 fans cool it and keep it around 200 pretty easily until I start moving again. I have my oem fans turning on at stock temp, and my 848 fan runs 24/7 unless I want to turn it off... which I never do. I have to say I don't ride too much in the summer as I don't like baking my ass off, or getting rained on in between baking my ass off, but when I do it seems to do just fine with all the cooling mods. Over 80mph, it's like an ice box compared to what it was... sits around 170... lol. THEY DO NOT LIKE TO GO SLOW.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts