MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I would like to use my Magni in a open state. Has anyone of you experience how I can remove the inside dampfer?

I suspect to remove the 3 screws from the end cap and knock out the inlet carefully from the other end.

Thank you in advance and Br

Helmut

·
Registered
576 Posts
Helmut.

Yep, thats about the best way. You can sometimes just 'give it a pull' and it will come out, but not if it's been in for a long time and is coked up.

Cheers.

Dorian.

ps; will sound great with out the baffle in:naughty:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Hey Helmut, do the Austrian police have a sense of humour when it comes to noise? :laughing: In Australia with pre-ADR (Australian Design Regulations) requirements (1989) you can get away with murder - different story with the new bikes!

On Sunday I will be next door to you, only ONE country away - lol I have an appoinment with Giovanni Magni Thursday at 10.00am, to collect my 350 parts for the 'replica racer' of sorts that I am building. I am also picking up a open exhaust for the 125s - I'll play with it once everything arrives in Australia & send you a video of it. :)

Again Helmut, thank you for all your help, which without, this would not be happening for me & my son.

All the best my friend.
Rob

·
Registered
148 Posts
I know it's a personal question Rob but how much is the open exhaust for the 125s, I have the fairing now and the exhaust, it would be nice....

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Hey Nathan, I am not sure - as I have a total bill for all my items getting close to 2000€. I am thinking 280€ ex shipping rings a bell but could be wrong, those could be the 350 pipes. My invoices are at home & I can't access them - I am leaving tomorrow so probably won't be on here again.

Drop Giovanni Magni a line at [email protected] and get a quote including shipping - scary part is the shipping could be more than the pipe!

Cheers.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks Rob Appreciate that. HAve a great trip. Post plenty of pictures on your return.

Mv Helmi, I have seen the pictures in your album of your 125 very nice.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello @ all!

I did it! The killjoy is outside (foto already in my album).

The austria law states, that historic bikes (certificated) are allowed to drive 60 days per year in connection witha travel journal.For that you have no obligations concerning the loudness.

Rob, thx for your nice words - this is of course! You know if you need support, just one simple call!

Please keep me up to date, if you have your smal MV.

I've paid for my trumpet € approx. € 240,- inkl. transport and tax.

This Magni increases the fun factor extremely!!

Cheers

Helmut

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After a short test drive :f4:, Dorian you're right, the sound is incredible :yo:!

cheers
Helmut

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Hello @ all!

I did it! The killjoy is outside (foto already in my album).

The austria law states, that historic bikes (certificated) are allowed to drive 60 days per year in connection witha travel journal.For that you have no obligations concerning the loudness.

Rob, thx for your nice words - this is of course! You know if you need support, just one simple call!

Please keep me up to date, if you have your smal MV.

I've paid for my trumpet € approx. € 240,- inkl. transport and tax.

This Magni increases the fun factor extremely!!

Cheers

Helmut
Hi Helmut,

I am back in the Australia, the baby MV is on the ship, it should land in Sydney, 30/12/10 - so it will be a late Christmas present to myself :laughing:

Again, I want to thank you for your help, without your telephone calls to Germany it would have almost impossible for me to bring this together and the whole wonderful trip that went with it.

I will wait until it arrives then create a thread showing how it was picked in Germany, transported to Italy, packed & shipped to Australia - I have photos of each step, it should make interesting thread. I shall be much more comfortable when I have it in my possession in one piece! :jsm:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Rob!

THX for your nice words. Great to hear that all went fine and you will have a late Christmas present.

I'm very interested in the documentation of the transport and your trip from Germany to Australia.

How was the meeting in Italy - was it successful?

Thank you for your update on this big project!

Br

Helmut

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Hi Rob!

THX for your nice words. Great to hear that all went fine and you will have a late Christmas present.

I'm very interested in the documentation of the transport and your trip from Germany to Australia.

How was the meeting in Italy - was it successful?

Thank you for your update on this big project!

Br

Helmut
Hi Helmut,

It was all brilliant - These threads will give you a pretty good idea of just how briliant :)

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35760

&

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35827

When the bike arrives, I will do a full histroy pictoral here of how it got to Australia including documentation hassles -lol.

Meanwhile, I had best get back to work or I will need to do illegal things to pay for my MV habit :laughing:

Again Helmut, my sincere thanks to you & you know if you are ever down under, there is a place for you to stay, a few beers to be had & lots of MV talk to be done :)

Cheers
Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts