MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a Dragster RR.

Two things I took off. The mirrors (hit a car mirror when filtering - how WIDE is this beast!?) and the pillion arms/pegs

Now, as you can see in the images, it has left untidy bar-ends and also some poking out screws where the pillion arms were.

Anybody know of caps or blanking plates that sort this out?
Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
20,061 Posts
Just take the pillion screws off and stow them away. What will you do for mirrors now?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just take the pillion screws off and stow them away. What will you do for mirrors now?
Still leaves a metal plate and a hole though. Not ideal.

Mirrors? Won;t bother. Not got them on my Blade either. I always do a lifesaver which is a good habit to get into anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Evotion What about your insurance policy? I would think mirror/s are important to have. If anything for those jerks texting while approaching from behind. Stop signs and lights are the troubled spots. Had a car next to me hit in the rear by a car traveling 50 mph, didn't brake. It was just 3 feet to my right. That event cemented in my mind never ever forget whats coming from behind and to ALWAYS have a kneejerk escape route ahead. --just saying. CRG Lane Spitters.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah, nice tip.

Mirrors are not a requirement in the UK. I doubt they would help you avoid a car coming from behind as you;d never react in time. Indeed, shooting to the side might be worse.
As you say, concentrating on escape routes for approaching vehicles from whereabouts you see is a good idea always.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
I removed the pillions on mine as well. Added those plastic clips to the left side, replaced the exhaust hanger all together on the right side. As for the mirrors I replaced mine with Oberon's and added Rizoma end caps to the bars.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perfect, @NM-1 - Thanks.
I too am getting a new exhaust next week and I can remove the whole left hanger.
I will get the plus and bar-end bits. That will tidy it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts