MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
Good thing you don't have a carbon undertray, that would be an expensive fix every 6 months! :spank:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Didn't know Britney was that hot anymore :stopp: :loser: glad to see it wasn't any worse...what was the original diagnosis?...aprt from the obvious

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I think the cause of this is quite obvious......look at the second picture, notice that the allen wrenchs are not in correct order. They are supposed to go from smallest to biggest, notice how it appears that wrench 2 and 3 are swapped up. This has obviously caused a rip in the space time continuem at that point which ignited the tool pouch.
You can either boost power to your flux capacitor to shield the tool pouch, or simply place the wrenchs in the correct order.

Disclaimer: THe preceding message was designed to incite a slight chuckle from the intended recipient. In no way should it be taken seriously as everone knows boosting you flux capacitor will only cause your fan blades to melt. Good luck and may the force be with you.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should find out by the end of the week. Just gald its still under warranty.
And they still dont know what happen the last time.

·
Registered
378 Posts
...that's why I made a heatshield padding between the exhausts and the plastic undertray.... lost over 10 degrees (measured with a temp laser gun)
I couldn't even use the tools after a ride (too hot to touch) now no problems...

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Tripleinside said:
...that's why I made a heatshield padding between the exhausts and the plastic undertray.... lost over 10 degrees (measured with a temp laser gun)
I couldn't even use the tools after a ride (too hot to touch) now no problems...
Do you have pics of that heatshield padding ?
What have you used?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had the same problem with my 750 F4 after the Dealer installed some aftermarket carbon pipes. They mounted the header too close to the undertray. It wasn't as bad at your one.
Paul Feeney Importers in Australia replaced it under Warranty :) even though the original Dealer had lost the Distribution.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It looks like thats what happen to me as well, No problems with Paul Feeney, all under warranty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts