MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Brutale for another day of fun at the track...See fresh pics in my galery.

here is the full report.

1. I was lot more comfortable on the bike and pushing it more and more.
2. after my first service and getting rid of the Air canister, throttle responce on my bike is excellent!! I was able to open up midcorner without upsetting the chasis.
3. I need to spend more time tuning the suspention... Riding some places in Pocono is like riding on a washboard.
4. still riding without steering damper, so I was carefull in some placed, but the bike never gave me a scary moment, although there was some twitching of handlebars.
5. For some reason, my arms were killing me a lot more then diring previuos track day... I can hardly type today...could vibration contribute? I will try to put different barends next time...
6. Finally I was able to run Brutale under full throtle for extended periods of time!!!! I have to admit.. it has some nice power to it!!! but I gotta get used to the revlimiter cutting in...
7. I was able to hang with the crowd in the expert group without any issues, this speaks a lot about bone stock bike...
8. There is something weird about those tires... I don't think that front tire has as much grip as supercorsa pro I am using on my R6. But rear was holding fine..


How can I post a video?!?!?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
Pics look good ks9mm, well done mate, I wish I could rev mine to the limit but I am too scared to on the streets!

I envy you!!

How do you think you would go on the 1000 on the track?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gazman said:
Pics look good ks9mm, well done mate, I wish I could rev mine to the limit but I am too scared to on the streets!

I envy you!!

How do you think you would go on the 1000 on the track?

Care to let me try on your bike??? :naughty: :naughty:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,292 Posts
Pocono is a great track for the Brutale, nice and tight!

I need to get my Brute there to wear out the left side of the tires. All the tracks I have been on have been mostly right turns.

Bike looks great out there! How was tire wear????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
airfuel said:
Bike looks great out there! How was tire wear????
I only did 2 full sessions on Brutale, and I was taking it easy the first one, so tire wear was minimal...
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
ks9mm said:
Took Brutale for another day of fun at the track...See fresh pics in my galery.

here is the full report.

1. I was lot more comfortable on the bike and pushing it more and more.
2. after my first service and getting rid of the Air canister, throttle responce on my bike is excellent!! I was able to open up midcorner without upsetting the chasis.
3. I need to spend more time tuning the suspention... Riding some places in Pocono is like riding on a washboard.
4. still riding without steering damper, so I was carefull in some placed, but the bike never gave me a scary moment, although there was some twitching of handlebars.
5. For some reason, my arms were killing me a lot more then diring previuos track day... I can hardly type today...could vibration contribute? I will try to put different barends next time...
6. Finally I was able to run Brutale under full throtle for extended periods of time!!!! I have to admit.. it has some nice power to it!!! but I gotta get used to the revlimiter cutting in...
7. I was able to hang with the crowd in the expert group without any issues, this speaks a lot about bone stock bike...
8. There is something weird about those tires... I don't think that front tire has as much grip as supercorsa pro I am using on my R6. But rear was holding fine..


How can I post a video?!?!?!

great report
would LOVE to see a video

DID YOU REMOVE that THROTTLE RETURN SPRING?



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,388 Posts
It`s a soft cut off. Time to shift.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,388 Posts
gazman, What is the redline on the 1000? The 750 is 13,100 rpm and I think the 910 is 12,000 rpm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
I think it is the 13 000 I've never gone there as my speedo hasn't been working.... only just got it fixed under warranty, bad wire connection.

One day I'll just rev it till it screams no more!!!

8 9 and 10 000 I get scared anyway, everything starts to happen to quickly for street stuff!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,867 Posts
Videos! That would be great, go to the media section and click on the link at the bottom that says "Submit media.."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cdamb said:
It`s a soft cut off. Time to shift.

it's not a soft cut off... I almost did a front flip off the bike when I forgot to shift...

It was my first lap on brutale and I did not watch the tach...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,388 Posts
ks9mm said:
it's not a soft cut off... I almost did a front flip off the bike when I forgot to shift...

It was my first lap on brutale and I did not watch the tach...

Wow I`ve hit it mabe a dozen times on the 750 without any problem. I just hit the next gear and stay on it. Yet they say the 910 has no engin break. Mame it is because the 910 has a more powerfull exceleration or it is still in the power band when it cuts out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cdamb said:
Wow I`ve hit it mabe a dozen times on the 750 without any problem. I just hit the next gear and stay on it. Yet they say the 910 has no engin break. Mame it is because the 910 has a more powerfull exceleration or it is still in the power band when it cuts out?

ok.. check this out...!!!!

visualize..

I am accelerating really hard in 3rd gear, throttle pinned, holding on for my dear life, pulling myself forward really hard so I can remain on top of the bike and then the bike hit limiter really hard.. basically stops accelerating.

it cought me completely off guard so I almost pulled myself of the bike.
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
ks9mm said:
ok.. check this out...!!!!

visualize..

I am accelerating really hard in 3rd gear, throttle pinned, holding on for my dear life, pulling myself forward really hard so I can remain on top of the bike and then the bike hit limiter really hard.. basically stops accelerating.

it cought me completely off guard so I almost pulled myself of the bike.
i can easily see that happening...
quite an odd feeling...

i hope you brought a CHANGE OF UNDERWEAR to the track :jsm:



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
922 Posts
Caught me off guard too, but luckily I was about the shift anyway. I was passing a bus, two cars and a bike up the onramp (couldn't resist) and just banged it into second. Wouldn't like that happening mid corner, so I watch myself now. I swear between the light coming on and the cut out is like a nanosecond.
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,388 Posts
Well I m wrong then I allways thought it was a soft cutoff. I know about holding on for life with weight forward though perhaps I m hitting it just befor my shift point.
Be safe, Chris
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top