MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pedrosa crashes in Quatar. Bad enough for him, but what struck me was I read that he needs a skin graft on his knee, apparently because there was not enough skin left.

Is that why you wear expensive onepiece leathers, Alpinestars in his case?

Better informed comments invited.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Pedrosa crashes in Quatar. Bad enough for him, but what struck me was I read that he needs a skin graft on his knee, apparently because there was not enough skin left.

Is that why you wear expensive onepiece leathers, Alpinestars in his case?

Better informed comments invited.

that's unfortunate. Is he out for the season?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Modern leather's award major protection, but some crashes simply override all safety gear. Biaggi's crash at Phillip's last year ripped part of his suit to shreds and he received quite a few major abrasions (he also had holes worn though his helmet) Imagine what would have happened to these guys without that protection.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I've seen first hand on what happens when someone low sided just wearing jeans and a jacket at only 80km/h on public road. I wear 1 piece suit for the piece of mind and extra protection (and extra back protector) when going for a squirt. Going for coffee etc I wear a two piece leather. When going for a squirt I don't feel confortable with a 2 piece as the only thing that hold the top and bottom of the leathers is one large zipper!!

I wear Skinz (similar to under armour) under the 1 piece suit as this helps getting in and out of the suit easily - especially on hot days where the leathers tends to stick to your body.

I rather thrash a set of excellent quaility leathers in a crash then getting skin graphs or going to hospital or worse not being able to ride again!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts