MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys; went down in December and me being me decided to put myself between the bike and the road. A simple left turn, leaning, felt the rear hop and slide from underneath me. tumbled and rolled like tumbleweed before a high noon duel. Got up, dusted off, and ran to the baby. I picked her up and noticed it had lost the shifting lever. Managed to get her home. With no clue, I wake up with my right foot swollen and bruised, long story short. When I bounced the right inner part of the ankle hit the rear sets and tore some ligaments. I can say I'm back to 90%. 6 months later, I can walk and run again. Time to start her up! The helmet didn't fit cause of the smile and excitement I had in play. Fuel pump primes. Clutch in to start her and I get a click from the starter relay. That helmet felt 2 sizes bigger. Daydreaming, I came up with a short story, waiting to pass a building inspection... I'm no writer, just wanted to share since you guys always helped me out, maybe you'll find it to be a decent read. If it's in the wrong section, I do apologize and can someone move it to the proper place. Please.

Fantasy track:
All names are personal:

One minute: 48 Seconds

The breeze sinks into my helmet, soothing the vapors fogging up the visor. Eyes still closed imagining every hairpin, chicane, and long straights of Enterest's™ new circuit. I usually come in before the sun starts to heat the asphalt, watching the fog coming off the track, slithering back into the forest as it does every morning. I do say slithering since it reminds me of a snail leaving its trail. The glistening of the track makes it looks like we will be racing on a glass surface. Sunrise comes in off of Kane's chicane. Quite the view if you ever get to experience it. Still the silence, it's rare for me. With all the hecticness of daily life, sounds from roaring engines genuinely bring peace to a cluttered mind. Spectators will look onto the track and wonder, yet all they can do is wonder until their minds hit what they think the reality is. Birds start to chirp. The silence begins to fade. Steam coming off the track, drying the snail's trail that just pasted, cleaning the road as if it were an overnight crew at a quiet office after all the workers have wandered off. Stella's hairpin, a quick sharp right, if late on the brakes, often the perfect place to overtake. Hermès straight starts to come alive, with the forest to the right, onlookers to the left. If you're not going above 180mph on the straight, you will get lost in a sea of brake lights as they fight for the apex of a long left turn. Head tucked under the windshield, yet the windbreaks through, pushing your helmet right to left as you tuck your chin closer to the tank. Avoiding the readings on the tachometer, RPM's violating screaming. Sensing someone is right behind you because they are, you have no chance to glance back, and the trill of the chase keeps your head in the race. Clutch in, kicking up as the gears go down, entering Kane's chicane. The quickness of it makes the crowd ponder. However, you're focused on getting your ass off the seat, counter-steering through it, as if your heart just skipped a beat. That seems to be an uphill climb to the old king's downward right. You don't know what drops faster, your stomach, or the nose of the bike, as you squeeze on the front brakes, gently pressing the rear so it won't slide from underneath you. A subtle dance, one might say. Darting down old king's right, to the left, you see the light green of the countryside, Blue Eyes mountain, at a far distance, always cloudy at the top, to the right the forest you'll soon come to love. You are circling back to the starting finish what seems to be an infinite dive, a mere one minute and 48 second lap time. I finally take my breath, as if my soul's at rest.

By: Ronald Martinez.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And got some heavy hitters that liked it too! thank you, guys. hopefully, I can get out of my head and back on the 312 soon. Cool.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks for the prose, very nice...
Many years ago I used to post longish tales of surfing on my bodysurf group, and I got nice feedback too...
Good to see something other than pictures, thanks mate.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the prose, very nice...
Many years ago I used to post longish tales of surfing on my bodysurf group, and I got nice feedback too...
Good to see something other than pictures, thanks mate.
My pleasure, I'm just static I can bestow it with the family that will appreciate it. Many years? As a fellow surfer who sees a good handful of swells(Florida), I have to get lost in the surf. Dig up the archives, please, and share a grand read.
What's a photo but a cluster of words. Anytime brother.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts