MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
I do hope he is ok. The unexpected stopped vehicle out of your sight line can be a killer.

I wonder if they are a forum member.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Jeez, on a major road stopping like that! Reminds me of riding on the Islands, where people stop in the road on twisties to chat! Hope he’s okay?

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Jeez, on a major road stopping like that! . . .
It's PM peak hour.

Melbourne freeway drivers are generally aware of the 'stop start' nature, especially on approaches to to off ramps. Without ill-will, this really is a prima facie case of negligence on the rider's behalf. Stiff penalty though.

·
Registered
787 Posts
It's PM peak hour.

Melbourne freeway drivers are generally aware of the 'stop start' nature, especially on approaches to to off ramps. Without ill-will, this really is a prima facie case of negligence on the rider's behalf. Stiff penalty though.
Yes Sir. If I lane split it is at about 3-4 mph faster than the slowest traffic. Maybe someone pulled out to get into the gap. That he crashed into.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Looks to me like the guy on the MV was not really lane splitting, but tried to avoid the truck that pulls over, by going out into the lane where the car is stationary -- Looks like he was braking really hard
Hope he's not been hurt too badly -- the poor MV is probably wrecked :(:oops:

This is exactly why I just follow traffic in lane and try to keep a good distance to the car in front .. Unfortunately the cagers tend to creep up behind or abruptly change lane into my safety space ..

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Not sure if he's a member here but the crash resulted in just a broken finger and some fairing damage.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
That is good news.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Broken finger....Sounds familiar .. :LOL: :oops: good news though .. good to hear .. Now take care out there!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Broken finger....Sounds familiar .. :LOL: :oops: good news though .. good to hear .. Now take care out there!
Ditto, I had my finger crushed to bits when a van hit me, literally bits, the x-ray showed the entire tip in little pieces, plastic surgeons were amazing!!! Nail never grown back right, and doesn't have the feeling in it, but my word, it looks great!!! :) Considering it was suspected a possible amputation would be required, I did well! :) (y)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts