MV Agusta Forum banner

One less Gen 1 MV?

5K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  MV Arthur 
#1 ·

Looks like a gen 1.

#4 ·
I do hope he is ok. The unexpected stopped vehicle out of your sight line can be a killer.

I wonder if they are a forum member.

#9 ·
Looks to me like the guy on the MV was not really lane splitting, but tried to avoid the truck that pulls over, by going out into the lane where the car is stationary -- Looks like he was braking really hard
Hope he's not been hurt too badly -- the poor MV is probably wrecked :(:oops:

This is exactly why I just follow traffic in lane and try to keep a good distance to the car in front .. Unfortunately the cagers tend to creep up behind or abruptly change lane into my safety space ..

#11 ·
That is good news.

#13 ·
Ditto, I had my finger crushed to bits when a van hit me, literally bits, the x-ray showed the entire tip in little pieces, plastic surgeons were amazing!!! Nail never grown back right, and doesn't have the feeling in it, but my word, it looks great!!! :) Considering it was suspected a possible amputation would be required, I did well! :) (y)

#14 ·
G'day Guys,
Thanks for all your concerns. The rider is my son Ryan on his MV. He is ok, broken finger as mentioned but he is quite distraught as its the MV I bought him for his 21st as a keeper and it means so much to him. Its not often that he rides it in traffic but murphys law has struck. Yes it happened as DKDravis says. The MV is badly damaged but not structurally and he will repair it. No metal damage incredibly. All the fairings (screen ok amazingly) and both radiators will have to be replaced. For the moment its in his sun room with the MV cover over it so as not to cause torment. So if anyone knows of a complete set of fairings for a 99-00 F4s that would be an immense help. Ken.

#16 ·
I wish it was easier to procure replacement body panels. 1st Gen stuff is virtually non-existent. I tried to buy an OEM nut for my rear wheel. The dealer said it’s on backorder with no projected release date (the shop I bought it from marred it when they put new tires on it prior to selling it). That nut is $210 ! They said if I gave them the money, they’d order it and I’d have to wait & see what happens. They said if six months goes by and the nut doesn’t show up, they’d refund my money. MV really needs to improve several aspects of their business plan to increase customer confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 ·
I have OEM rear wheel nuts....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.