MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what happens if I need to replace my battery and all I only have 1 key. Do I need to reprogramme my key every time I disconnect the power supply.?

·
Super Moderator
22,325 Posts
No

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
?

Rick;

There is a chip in the key.......that responds to a signal from the bike......the encoded

info must match .......sort of like having a pet "chipped"

:popcorn:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Nole, just wondering is the ZADI immobilizer on the brutale 1090 can encode a blank chip?

I want to duplicate a spare key as i only have 1 at the moment. i just bought some ID46 blank chip and a uncut key without a chip. i also have the code card No.

can i put this card code No. into the dash and a copy of the key in the ignition and with a blank chip next to it. is this how to encode a new blank chip key?

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
?

Rick;

The easiest thing to do is find a locksmith that can clone your key.......

It takes special equipment

The Zadi on my '04 Aprilia RSVR can be done with a blue master key or the special

equipment

:popcorn:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Nole, just wondering is the ZADI immobilizer on the brutale 1090 can encode a blank chip?

I want to duplicate a spare key as i only have 1 at the moment. i just bought some ID46 blank chip and a uncut key without a chip. i also have the code card No.

can i put this card code No. into the dash and a copy of the key in the ignition and with a blank chip next to it. is this how to encode a new blank chip key?
You will need a programmable key, some can only be cloned over. Procedure has been discussed below.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79313&highlight=pascalmarius&page=3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts