MV Agusta Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

Registered
you wonder why people are on the road with on insurance this thread tells it all there is a solution though insure the person not the vehicle he drives look at his driving history
although from what Highside43 said insurance will try to blame you anyway its the system .

Registered
I think the issue is that because insurance is a legal requirement, it doesn't matter how much choice there is cuz you HAVE to pick one so they all follow the same script and just charge different amounts for it. In the end I think what your paying for is the customer service and any perks you might get.

I agree that insurance should be based on the driver and their history regardless of what they drive. Obviously there is a risk factor involved, but lets be honest a [email protected] will drive like a [email protected] no matter what they are driving.

I would love to just have one insurance policy that covered my bike and my car's all at once.!!

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

Registered
Some very valid points above about the 'formula' used to assess risk.

As one who owns a 'few' bikes, I am damn annoyed that any new or used bike I buy and insure has to start from scratch in the way of no claim bonuses. The bike does not present the risk - the owner does. So why, if I have had no claims on 8 bikes over ten years is that NOT recognised when insuring the ninth bike? Friggin' ridiculous and money grabbing. That ninth bike should start off with a damn cheap premium and not one that a new kid on the street would pay.

Gotta go before I really start ranting!!:mad::mad::mad:

Registered
that's it Nigel take the f4 out and give it a dame good thrashing you will feel more relaxed and have a big :) on your face then do it all over again .

Registered

As one who owns a 'few' bikes, I am damn annoyed that any new or used bike I buy and insure has to start from scratch in the way of no claim bonuses. The bike does not present the risk - the owner does. So why, if I have had no claims on 8 bikes over ten years is that NOT recognised when insuring the ninth bike? Friggin' ridiculous and money grabbing. That ninth bike should start off with a damn cheap premium and not one that a new kid on the street would pay.

That's why I keep a couple of separate policies running as well as the Multi's. 5 on one multi, 2 on the other, 2 separates running and currently one load of unused NCB that expires in April so I'll need to get another bike before then ;) :D

That gives me the flexibility to move stuff about. Like some of the older bikes are not too sensitive without ncb, so I may put them on a separate policy initially before moving them to multi. I have two multi policies, one is for sub 5k bikes and the other suits up to 15k, with the former averaging 拢76/bike and the latter 拢125. The little RS is 拢87 on its own with 1 years NCB, so I'll keep that running separately so I can build NCB's in case something that the multi policies don't like comes along and I'll have NCB to use on it and more flexibility to go elsewhere if I need to.

The other reason is that you can't have additional rider on a multi, so I put the wife on the separates.

Registered
Discussion Starter #49

Basically, NCB is a scam! Pretty obvious when a broker can notionally 'mirror' NCB on an exisiting vehicle on the vehicle being quoted for! This typically happens to me when I have my daily driver tin top renewed and they mirror the 9+ years NCB on my Evo 6!! Of course they are doing you a favour though, yeah, right! Ever seen a poor insurance broker or company, just look at their premises!! When I started my working life I was at the stage of trying to find out what I really wanted to do, when by chance I met a friend that I'd been at school with. We went for lunch for a catch up and we were swapping work stories. He suggested that I consider a career in insurance! He was working for a large PLC insurance company handling commericial insurance and said he could get me in there no problem, the salary would be excellent + perks, car, and excellent pension. I thought about it but it seemed a boring option to me! So I went another route. Last I heard about him, some years ago, he'd accepted early retirement in his 50's, on a rediculously generous golden handshake with a likewise silly money pension!! He has 3 properties, main residence, country retreat and a holdiday home in some desirable part of France. I did sort of ok but maybe I should have taken him up on that offer!

Registered
. . .I was at the stage of trying to find out what I really wanted to do, when by chance I met a friend that I'd been at school with. We went for lunch for a catch up and we were swapping work stories. He suggested that I consider a career in insurance! . . .
Not trying to one up you or anything, but I had a friend who suggested I consider Amway!! :D

You know the deal: Business opportunity, bonuses, uplines and downlines, fancy holidays and cars - and burn your friends and family in doing so!!

Similarly, I know some who have done very well out of the malarkey.;)

Registered
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
Indeed, but whatever you decide to do is still a throw of the dice, anything can happen. Example, who could have predicted Covid19?! And who can predict it's ongoing effects? We all hang by a thread but who's thread snaps and when is an unknown. An example, a young friend of mine literally dropped dead last year, she was 25!! It was a brain anurism. She had just had her first child. Very tragic and it upset me considerably, she was a lovely, caring person. I can't even speculate on how it affected her family. Really made me think about the fragility of life and my personal mortality.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts